Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Coastal - Big Rain Potential

dendrite

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

That discussion is a little much. 'Expect the unexpected.." Come on man. Lets not get crazy here. 

Lol...everything is a catastrophe now a days, it sells.  With social media and all ..peeps love that dumb stuff.  

Imagine the discussion if a real bonafide Cane/storm was incoming....lol  

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Dry air. That will eat up a lof of the rains today. Best chance along immediate s coast into srn ct and LI.

Dry air getting saturated. Took this this morning when it was pouring at home but dry towards Brooklyn.  It started pouring there as soon as I got out of the store. Meanwhile the coast has started getting raked. Something to watch with an extended stall, loop

20191009_090220.jpg

z_histogram (4).png

To Scott's point...low/mid level RH up here is pretty dry until overnight Thu night. So it should be some prolonged OVC for C/S NH as clouds move in aloft. Not really our storm. Despite my sarcasm, looks pretty wet down there in SE MA. Those prolonged +5SD -U winds usually produce for someone.

image.png

3 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

I just found it interesting how there’s seemingly no analog for this storm

Vaguely reminds me of the March '13 firehose storm with that absurdly long fetch, slow movement and abnormal low placement. But I'm sure that's not a great analog in any other sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greg said:

Why? The bigger stuff for us comes in tonight into tomorrow Just like many coastal storms do..

You new here? You haven't witnessed all the bridge jumpers early on when others are getting smoked and can't believe they are not snowing, only to get crushed later.  Have you met Tblizz?

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You new here? You haven't witnessed all the bridge jumpers early on when others are getting smoked and can't believe they are not snowing, only to get crushed later.  Have you met Tblizz?

I've been on here for years but I'm well aware of what you mean.