SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Coastal - Big Rain Potential

dendrite

39 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If only this was Winter for S shore peeps 

could of been scooter house buried and Ray jumping in Tobin w model gradient 

Nah, there would be a rain snow line developing on the far South Shore  and would end up tampering expectations just like they do in the true winter months.;)

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

This is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. The low just sits and spins and eventually travels west.

It should eventually (and probably quickly) occluded and weaken. Not sure how large the window is for a long-duration rain event...I'm not even sure this is a region-wide widespread rain event. We could easily be affected more by bands of heavy rain traversing through which would yield a fun looking rainfall map. Looks like occlusion sort of happens late Thursday.

Another factor too is that HP to the north...flow around the high and off-shore low is one that could keep some drier air draining down at times so how close that low comes will be extremely, extremely critical to rain totals and intensity of the rain. Based on current positioning on the models it may be a tad difficult to get higher totals outside of SE MA, RI...maybe SE CT. 

Going to be some type of crazy cut-off somewhere. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Higher amounts on the Cape 12 Z 

There was there, I think SE areas seems to stand a better chance in this, I don't even see much wind with this inland, Maybe along the immediate coast but nothing i would say stands out as out of the ordinary at this time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

There was there, I think SE areas seems to stand a better chance in this, I don't even see much wind with this inland, Maybe along the immediate coast but nothing i would say stands out as out of the ordinary at this time.

I could see winds gusting 25-35 mph inland overnight Thursday. As the high pressure up north seems to lift out we do establish a greater pressure gradient over the region.