Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
“Let’s Talk Winter”

Steve

On 2/20/2020 at 4:03 PM, buckeye said:

I know you've experienced less snow....I believe the year that CMH only got 9" was like '15-'16, (I think).   Also lest we forget 11-12.   But I do agree that this is by far the most boring winter, weatherwise that I can recall...possibly even back in the early to mid 70's living outside Philly.   At least in 11-12 we had the Morch, plus I was in Hawaii most of January that winter so I didn't really care what was happening here.

But this winter, with it's endless stretches of upper 30's to lower 50's by day, very little sun, virtually nothing to track, (not even fantasy storms),  has been the perfect backdrop for the profoundly depressed.    

If there's such thing as karma in the weather world.... Jan/Feb 1978 redux should be in the cards very soon.  A weenie can dream.

Through yesterday, 2019-20 has the 24th lowest total snowfall for Columbus.  There are 2 years in the past 20 that beat that- 2016-17 and 2001-2002.  2019-20 has been warmer than 16-17, but slightly colder than 01-02, so 01-02 is definitely the worst winter of the past 20 years, but we're talking minor differences between the 3.  19-20 is, so far, the 9th warmest winter on record.

On 2/23/2020 at 3:22 PM, Angrysummons said:

Well it looks like another winter winding down for the OV(outside a stray snow shower here and there into March). Not much happened this winter. It was poor. Next year can't hardly be worse. Only place to go is up. Hopefully by next Christmas, this thread will be 10 times as long as it will get this year.

Unless it's a March bomb of 12"+ I'm done with the winter that never was.

14 minutes ago, iluvsnow said:

Don't look now...but the 18z model runs move the snow line much closer to the I-70 corridor. Is it a blip....probably....but worth keeping an eye on it. The Chicago posters....who were and still are under winter storm watches/warnings....are on suicide watch after the last model runs.

It's trying like hell to change to snow now here in knox county. Sign for tomorrow?

:weenie:

16 minutes ago, iluvsnow said:

Transitioned to all snow....and heavy right now in Bellbrook. Too bad its 35 degrees and with a late Feb sun angle....snow is slushing on the grass....and just wet roads. Still in this God forsaken winter....its all we have.

Reposting so I can update my reaction in this "winter of despair".... still raining down here but I am hopeful!:weenie:

20 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

This Wx Channel app cracks me up!! Such a POS. Problem is people take as gospel. My forecast when I looked just now. Give it 20 seconds & it’ll change!

7C94A269-1F70-407C-A43F-3A45A28F2AB5.png

Ok, took longer than 20 seconds but back down to 1-3. That is still too high but way better than saying 3-5!

• Like 1

One of the most frustrating things about this winter, (and granted there have been many), is the fact that we've had several perfect snowstorm tracks for Ohio but there was just no cold air available to keep it snow.   Instead of HP to our north, Canada continually gets flooded with low pressure and pacific air....it has been the story all winter.

I say this as I look at the models next week....both the gfs and the euro essentially showing 1 or 2 app runners with rain.   

• Sad 1
  • Weenie 1