Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
“Let’s Talk Winter”

Steve

50 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

OHWeather lurking? Would love to hear his input. SWS just posted says snow for next few hours before changing to rain. 

I definitely didn't love more than an inch of snow for Columbus or Dayton, so of course you guys are snowing.  Probably another hour or two before the mixing line starts shooting north, so maybe another inch or so along I-70? I'm assuming it's accumulating pretty well.

2 minutes ago, OHweather said:

I definitely didn't love more than an inch of snow for Columbus or Dayton, so of course you guys are snowing.  Probably another hour or two before the mixing line starts shooting north, so maybe another inch or so along I-70? I'm assuming it's accumulating pretty well.

I’m in southern tip of Delaware County so we have about an inch right now. Thx OHWeather!

5 hours ago, buckeye said:

Our first snow cover actually survived the rain.  Snowing nicely again.   At least we'll go into the next couple cold days with a snow cover.  No idea what the totals will be from this when all is said and done....but probably 2-4 and very localized.

And now nothing on the horizon for at least 15 days. Sure that could change but as of now nothing. At least it was something to track for a couple days..

3 hours ago, dilly84 said:

It's probably not, but I'm 36, and this is the worst winter with regards to lack of cold and snow that I can ever remember. As a 3 year run, it's gotta be one of the worst runs ever.

I know you've experienced less snow....I believe the year that CMH only got 9" was like '15-'16, (I think).   Also lest we forget 11-12.   But I do agree that this is by far the most boring winter, weatherwise that I can recall...possibly even back in the early to mid 70's living outside Philly.   At least in 11-12 we had the Morch, plus I was in Hawaii most of January that winter so I didn't really care what was happening here.

But this winter, with it's endless stretches of upper 30's to lower 50's by day, very little sun, virtually nothing to track, (not even fantasy storms),  has been the perfect backdrop for the profoundly depressed.    

If there's such thing as karma in the weather world.... Jan/Feb 1978 redux should be in the cards very soon.  A weenie can dream.

• Weenie 1