• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
“Let’s Talk Winter”

Steve

the only good thing is it doesn't appear to be a 'big dog' for anyone, even where the axis of heaviest is, it's a moderate event.  After that it's cold for a couple days and then the rain/snow line moves even further north taking out a lot of the sub.   

Sorry I know it's petty, but it's hard not to be in the misery loves company camp when all you've had is misery....:devilsmiley:   

#bring_on_the_torch

8 hours ago, buckeye said:

the only good thing is it doesn't appear to be a 'big dog' for anyone, even where the axis of heaviest is, it's a moderate event.  After that it's cold for a couple days and then the rain/snow line moves even further north taking out a lot of the sub.   

Sorry I know it's petty, but it's hard not to be in the misery loves company camp when all you've had is misery....:devilsmiley:   

#bring_on_the_torch

Gonna disagree. 8" is definitely a big dog here now. I'd venture to say 6" should be considered a big dog here now.

48 minutes ago, buckeye said:

dick.JPG.21cf0cdf2eaffc52a5c88d98a14b5f74.JPG

Hmmm, it's not like we've been scoring with snow this year.   Must be butthurt over the consistent manhandling of the Badgers by the Buckeyes.

Get this thing to move south a bit and we may score an inch!!!:lol: 

Yeah, I'm hoping for a good ole fashioned torch.  I'm removing a 100 year-old tree from my house whose roots were tearing up the backyard.  With my luck, it'll suddenly be below zero for weeks prior to my tree removal date.  I'm also going to be doing an aeration and over seeding after that.  Time to move on from the winter that never was!

12 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

Nam is trying to give just north of i70 some decent front and back end snow. 

Our best hope is with a front end thump....    our miracle Hail Mary would be just enough dynamic cooling with significant precip rates to get some respectable slop...and that's a Hail Mary.

I can't recall what winter, I think it was 13-14, but the day leading up to an overnight event, all the models kept the rain snow line about 20 miles north of the city.    When the snow wall hit it stayed snow and we picked up like 8-10" overnight, even places further south did well.  Granted that was a different set up and a different time....long long ago lol.. .but the incredibly tight rain/snow line being modeled just north of us reminds me of that.     

I'm withJay /\ though, ready to move on while expecting the usual crapfest.   At least we were never really in the game, so at least it can't disappoint.

BTW, where's Angry?   He might do pretty good with this, isn't he around Findlay?

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

Our best hope is with a front end thump....    our miracle Hail Mary would be just enough dynamic cooling with significant precip rates to get some respectable slop...and that's a Hail Mary.

I can't recall what winter, I think it was 13-14, but the day leading up to an overnight event, all the models kept the rain snow line about 20 miles north of the city.    When the snow wall hit it stayed snow and we picked up like 8-10" overnight, even places further south did well.  Granted that was a different set up and a different time....long long ago lol.. .but the incredibly tight rain/snow line being modeled just north of us reminds me of that.     

Not being a IMBY guy here, but I'd guess from my area (Knox County) up to 30, has maybe a 30% chance of a decent front end thump. Most models on pivotal shows some decent front end snow. But I'm not going to hold my breath, nor care. If it isn't 5" plus I just dont care lol

2 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

Not being a IMBY guy here, but I'd guess from my area (Knox County) up to 30, has maybe a 30% chance of a decent front end thump. Most models on pivotal shows some decent front end. But in not going to hold my breath, nor care. If it isn't 5" plus I just dont care lol

that's right....I wouldn't be surprised if Knox county scores on this.

Hell, it might even be as close as the northern half of Delaware county.   I guess I could always do a 20 min chase :lol:

18 minutes ago, buckeye said:

I'm withJay /\ though, ready to move on while expecting the usual crapfest.   At least we were never really in the game, so at least it can't disappoint.

BTW, where's Angry?   He might do pretty good with this, isn't he around Findlay?

I remember that 2013 storm very well.  Forecasters in the Dayton area finally gave up on the snow, sure that the rain/snow line was north of us....

Then all of a sudden, a couple of hours before the storm hit, iluvsnow sends me a email with bold letters saying "WAGONS SOUTH!"  That night we got that 8-10 inches of all snow, great ratios too.  Ah...the good ole days...

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

dick.JPG.21cf0cdf2eaffc52a5c88d98a14b5f74.JPG

Hmmm, it's not like we've been scoring with snow this year.   Must be butthurt over the consistent manhandling of the Badgers by the Buckeyes.

Since you’re bringing sports into this, I must’ve missed the manhandling you’re talking about.  I think one of those was this last Sunday?

10 minutes ago, buckeye said:

I said consistent....so obviously I was referring to badger football

Neither UMB Wx or myself follow college football.  He’s not even a UW fan whatsoever so it’s your loss for bringing UW/OSU sports into the mix.  Anyways, until we see a +PNA combined with -NAO/AO/EPO it will be tough sledding for the southern half of Ohio.

4 minutes ago, wisconsinwx said:

Neither UMB Wx or myself follow college football.  He’s not even a UW fan whatsoever so it’s your loss for bringing UW/OSU sports into the mix.  Anyways, until we see a +PNA combined with -NAO/AO/EPO it will be tough sledding for the southern half of Ohio.

Well, either way, like I've said before it's kinda silly.  Latitude is latitude....nothing anyone can do anything about.   Sports is where you can start using excuses.

well, looks like euro (WB) came in with 2-5 across Franklin county, topping out with a 6" axis from just north of Dayton to CLE.   It also looks to get a bit sleety here too at times.

The usual caveat, if we do get a further south event, it's probably weaker with less snow.  Still, a 2-4 incher would be the big dog of the season:arrowhead:

2 minutes ago, buckeye said:

well, looks like euro (WB) came in with 2-5 across Franklin county, topping out with a 6" axis from just north of Dayton to CLE.   It also looks to get a bit sleety here too at times.

The usual caveat, if we do get a further south event, it's probably weaker with less snow.  Still, a 2-4 incher would be the big dog of the season:arrowhead:

Shit, we’d take that & run these days! Whattawinter

5 inches IMBY? Will seem like a foot!!!

Too many model runs between now and then so it won’t happen.

I am just north of Indy in Carmel. Im hoping to see at least a couple inches out of this. It's been a very depressing winter. I wonder if theres any chance advisories or watches will be issued today ? Also I bet the lows will trend even colder with the arctic air if there is snowcover. Weather.com has me at 0 on Fri morning.