Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
“Let’s Talk Winter”

Steve

29 minutes ago, OHweather said:

It was never supposed to snow until the middle of the night? It’s another relative disappointment in a winter of failure, but it’ll still snow a little on all of you later tonight into early Friday. 

I just want a couple inches...not to much to ask for 

52 minutes ago, OHweather said:

It was never supposed to snow until the middle of the night? It’s another relative disappointment in a winter of failure, but it’ll still snow a little on all of you later tonight into early Friday. 

Thx OHweather! So where is the “wave” now that will bring the snow overnight?

1 hour ago, pondo1000 said:

Thx OHweather! So where is the “wave” now that will bring the snow overnight?

1519275632_500mbvort.png.8bc8c8fbcf556ed35ac64a10459b44f6.png

The upper level energy is over Arkansas/Louisiana/Mississippi and will swing around the base of the trough and lift NE tonight.

sfc.png.e6141e740cdab4ee9256b7b45dcd9c98.png

As that happens, the wave of low pressure near the GA/NC/SC borders will intensify, and the precip beginning to develop over Mississippi right now will expand and lift northeast. 

I do think it's mainly light snow from the upper level energy in Ohio, probably an inch for most, maybe a little more farther east (and also downwind of Lake Erie)...so certainly not too exciting, but I do think it will still snow.  I'd keep an eye on that area of very light snow across parts of Indiana....that's probably what will flare up after midnight as the upper level lift arrives.  As long as that stays west of you until morning you should see snow.

21 minutes ago, OHweather said:

1519275632_500mbvort.png.8bc8c8fbcf556ed35ac64a10459b44f6.png

The upper level energy is over Arkansas/Louisiana/Mississippi and will swing around the base of the trough and lift NE tonight.

sfc.png.e6141e740cdab4ee9256b7b45dcd9c98.png

As that happens, the wave of low pressure near the GA/NC/SC borders will intensify, and the precip beginning to develop over Mississippi right now will expand and lift northeast. 

I do think it's mainly light snow from the upper level energy in Ohio, probably an inch for most, maybe a little more farther east (and also downwind of Lake Erie)...so certainly not too exciting, but I do think it will still snow.  I'd keep an eye on that area of very light snow across parts of Indiana....that's probably what will flare up after midnight as the upper level lift arrives.  As long as that stays west of you until morning you should see snow.

Thx as always for your detailed, yet understandable, explanation. Sad that I’m excited for an inch of snow! What a forgettable winter.

Also WTH is this from ILN for MBY, I'm sorry, we're not getting another 2" tmar or more!

Tonight
A chance of snow showers before 10pm, then a chance of snow, mainly after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Southwest wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Saturday
Rain and snow before 2pm, then a chance of rain between 2pm and 3pm, then a chance of rain and snow after 3pm. High near 37. South wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Saturday Night
A slight chance of snow before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Light west wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, chuckster2012 said:

Euro back north!   :gun_bandana: :raining:  

of course....  I knew any model showing anything substantial say south of I-30 was gonna be a head fake.   Not to sound like a broken record but the teleconnections absolutely suck on every possible measure.  In fact, even those north of i-80 should be counting their blessings if they are able to thread the needle and pull a snowstorm out of this garbage pattern....once again the lucky get luckier.    

I pretty much found my peace with all of this last week whent the epo went back positive for as far as the model goes out...that was the final blow.    Now what I look forward to is that first 'smell' of spring and maybe a decent severe season.

• Like 1