Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
“Let’s Talk Winter”

Steve

14 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

Is CMH still on track for least snowiest January? It better be. If it’s gonna suck this bad, we may as well break records!!!!

Futility records are all we got.

Amazing that we haven't had a single trackable event that we were all able to discuss in here.   Granted we still have Feb, but if we go through Feb without a trackable event I can honestly say I don't recall that ever happening in my years of posting on these boards.   Possibly '11-'12 but even that probably had some early action.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

Is CMH still on track for least snowiest January? It better be. If it’s gonna suck this bad, we may as well break records!!!!

Nope, unfortunately the airport measured 0.2" on Saturday. The record for least snowfall is a Trace, which was all we've received until late Saturday.

I'm all in for futility records now. But the one for least snowfall in a season is already out the window. To-date, we're at 5.3" and the record of 1941-42 is 4.9".

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, osubrett2 said:

Nope, unfortunately the airport measured 0.2" on Saturday. The record for least snowfall is a Trace, which was all we've received until late Saturday.

I'm all in for futility records now. But the one for least snowfall in a season is already out the window. To-date, we're at 5.3" and the record of 1941-42 is 4.9".

Thx 

1 minute ago, WestMichigan said:

Not that this year is great, but '41-'42 must have been really bad.

yea 4.9 for the whole winter :yikes:.

As pessimistic as I am about the rest of this winter I still think we scratch ourselves to double digits....it'll be DAB's and car toppers, and probably crap that occurs in early spring....but I'm sure we'll still get there in an ugly way.   

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Futility records are all we got.

Amazing that we haven't had a single trackable event that we were all able to discuss in here.   Granted we still have Feb, but if we go through Feb without a trackable event I can honestly say I don't recall that ever happening in my years of posting on these boards.   Possibly '11-'12 but even that probably had some early action.

I swear if we get some BS cold/snow the end of Feb, beginning of March, I’m gonna be pissed! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WestMichigan said:

Not that this year is great, but '41-'42 must have been really bad.

It was a crap year for sure, though that period had a lot of stinkers. At Detroit. 1941-42 saw only 23.4" total (15th least snowy winter on record(, and only 20 days had 1"+ snowcover (by comparison, this winter so far is at 21.9" and 23 days thru Jan 30). 

The largest snowstorm in 1941-42 was 4.2" on Apr 9/10, and the peak obs time snow depth all season was 3".

Looking at Columbus, after a 2.5" snowfall in early Jan 1942, the next largest snowfall that season was 0.3".

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, osubrett2 said:

Going through the monthly climate data, CMH has only received measurable snow on 6 days:

11/12: 2.1"

11/13: 0.7"

12/15: 1.5"

12/16: 0.7"

12/17: 0.1"

01/25: 0.2"

I was looking at records for Columbus and it looks like the record for fewest number of days with measurable snow is 5.  That is pretty unbelievable.  It appears to be very anomalous though as the next fewest is quite a bit higher than that. 

Got on here and saw the "hot" tag on this thread and stupidly thought maybe something good was brewing. sigh.. 

This has been without a doubt the most craptastic winter I remember thus far in my lifetime. My boss typically goes to Florida for a week in February and we have had polar vortexes here during that same week, on more than one occasion. I was holding out hope for that, but I fear my hopes will be dashed. Oh well..

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, weatherzen said:

Got on here and saw the "hot" tag on this thread and stupidly thought maybe something good was brewing. sigh.. 

This has been without a doubt the most craptastic winter I remember thus far in my lifetime. My boss typically goes to Florida for a week in February and we have had polar vortexes here during that same week, on more than one occasion. I was holding out hope for that, but I fear my hopes will be dashed. Oh well..

Can't blame you. Not sure the last time the "hot" tag appeared on this thread.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HighTechEE said:

What's this white crap falling from the clouds accumulating about a 1/4" per hour this morning???

Was just going to say....if I didn't know the weather forecast, I'd swear a clipper was incoming. The solid cloud deck and just the overall  feel....with very light snow starting.    Of course we all know the reality.

16 minutes ago, buckeye said:

More salt in the wound:

If cincy is at .6" so far for the season, they are tied with DC.    :facepalm:     Not the kind of clique you want to be in when it comes to snowfall.

Cincy has had over 6" this season I believe.

36 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

Nope

Lol...im with ya buddy.  I view any model showing significant snow for us with great skepticism.  Teleconnections say no way.  47.5% chance  a decent low pressure cuts and screws us.  47.5%  chance its a sheared out wave with garbage precip....and 5% chance we thread the needle and get an event.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Lol...im with ya buddy.  I view any model showing significant snow for us with great skepticism.  Teleconnections say no way.  47.5% chance  a decent low pressure cuts and screws us.  47.5%  chance its a sheared out wave with garbage precip....and 5% chance we thread the needle and get an event.

And other than Uncle Ukie, what other model has anything significant? Most show a POS