Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
“Let’s Talk Winter”

Steve

37 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

So, uhhh, it's 57F in CMH right now...back to back days.  I'm not holding my breath for the forecasted 1-3" of snow tonight, even with cold air crashing in.     

I wouldn't be too concerned temp-wise. FWA went from 40° to 30° like it saw a state trooper this morning.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

So, uhhh, it's 57F in CMH right now...back to back days.  I'm not holding my breath for the forecasted 1-3" of snow tonight, even with cold air crashing in.     

someone needs to fix the lock...

...it doesn't seem to want to hold for very long.   Oh well, it's about to lock-in again here in a few hours.

15 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

I wouldn't be too concerned temp-wise. FWA went from 40° to 30° like it saw a state trooper this morning.

I'm just not seeing this event as one that warrants a WWA.  Though it almost seems like Columbus is required to be in one for the first dusting of each year.

1 minute ago, JayPSU said:

I'm just not seeing this event as one that warrants a WWA.  Though it almost seems like Columbus is required to be in one for the first dusting of each year.

Yeah, in mid-winter, a 2" snow would not warrant an Advisory. However, our NWS office has made it clear that they will always issue a WWA with the first snow that sticks to roads every due to the amnesia that drivers seem to experience every year.

9 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

Have to admit, I didn't think we'd see the two inches or so that we got.  That said, it mostly accumulated on the grass.  Roads in the neighborhood were a crusty mess.  It's too early for this.  Looks like we go back to normal'ish November weather for the rest of the month.

Amen...

I checked and the 6z gfs has our first peek at Thanksgiving day and we're close to 60 degrees :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2019 at 2:53 PM, HighTechEE said:

Well a month ago I went the Longmont, CO and jumped right into the core of winter with single digits/teens temps and 8" of snow. Now tomorrow supposed to fly to Manchester, NH then drive down to Bedford, MA for meetings all week, and yea 12 to 18" is due there by this time tomorrow!  :wacko:

Ok guys, by some miracle we made it up here on time yesterday, sparing you the details, topped out about 15" here in Bedford, MA. Which means I've been through two major winter storms over the past month, none of which was in Ohio!!!!  BTW just 40 miles NW of here got 27".

20191203_093815_sm.jpg

20191203_111940_sm.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, buckeye said:

all obvious caveats aside....  time of year, geography, and lead time....

...there's a pretty impressive signal from the euro and gfs ensembles of an OV threat day 10.    Notable because of the agreement across models this far out.   

Just once....one of these to come to fruition 

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2019 at 9:42 AM, buckeye said:

all obvious caveats aside....  time of year, geography, and lead time....

...there's a pretty impressive signal from the euro and gfs ensembles of an OV threat day 10.    Notable because of the agreement across models this far out.   

Oh well, so much for consensus.    Also. starting to look like a fairly boring...aka average...December setting up. 

Lots of dreary gray days with temps  in the 30s and 40s.   Probably a few post-cutter nickels and dimes as well.   

Actually glad to see the depth of these Arctic shots muting as lead time shortens.  We're so back logged with work the last thing I need right now is the ground freezing up. 

Get us to December 24th and then crank up the snow machine!