• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Early Winter 2019 Forecasts and Discussion

4 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Same on this side of the ridge.   I took these pictures today just west of the house 

I went from Gettysburg to Fayetteville today and the scene starting around Adams County Winery up the hill and over to almost Caldeonia is simply amazing.  The sun was out so the ice encased trees were shinning in full brilliance. Even more impressive was that the ice was not melting despite the sun.

It was 39 before the climb and 31 as I passed along the top of the ridge.  8 degree drop in just 5-10 min.

Looks like we still start the trend back away from the heater on 12/26, but will take a few days until pattern resets.  This has been consistantly showing up on guidance, and while I havent looked too deep today, still see nothing to change the concensus that we may start the New Year w/ better opps for snow.  Lotsa blues showing up w/ 2m temps once beyond the 29th.  

Have a good night gang.

12 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Looks to be a pretty dull Christmas week. High temps around 45-50 towards the end of the week.

Hopefully we can start the new year off right and pick up a quick clipper or something along them lines.

Everyone have a very Merry Christmas!!

You too.  Like others have said at least it will be good travel weather.  Stressful dealing with snow and visiting family.  I noticed the GFS was showing near 60 (LSV) a week from today but back to colder temps after that.  This is still a lot better than last December and think we see a decent chance of something wintry Jan 1-5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The last time the Canadian model was right on anything, I had hair and wore braces. 

Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas or whatever it is that you celebrate and let's all hope for better (whiter) weather in the New Year! 

LOL....Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and back to cold and then snow on the ground!