• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall/Early Winter 2019 Forecasts and Discussion

Just now, canderson said:

Yeah, I miss it especially during summer for t-storm evolution. I wonder what happened, other than maybe just a repair that cost way too much for them to handle. 

"The radar is currently down for maintenance" That's what it has said for three years. I think it should say "never coming back online." I would guess a major repair cost. 

More than post made taking shots at me last year when I was just trying to loosen things up with fun. My anger stems mostly from  A few complete ignorant and uncalled for  privet messages I got long before I said anything  to offend anyone. I never sent any of you privet messages making fun of your spelling  writing or believes. At the end of the day I guess I need to let go and stop ruining the threads and offending all who did not offend me. Even as I write this I look up as see some shots aimed at me based on Redneck assumption,  so all will say Is I lived with the hornets worms fungus and storms before some of you could say weather .  Its my true everyday lifestyle  its what I fukcn  do to feed and cloth  my family because it has been a passion form age 7 . I wanted to share some of it with you guys but every time I  tried I get ridiculed either through Pms or post .  So yes I fn angry because when people make fun  because they dont understand how reactivate these things are to there environment  around them it shows who is uneducated.  Step out side before after and during a storm and open  eyes to the biology of nature and its super fine tuning with the weather it what a true weather lover dose. I have said it before,I think the love for computer models has completely clouded other methods you guys should be taking advantage of. I really dont feel that getting one out of a bunch of storm systems right here and there is a working system I realize its all we have but its pretty bad and was getting worse . To much computer not enough qualified men and women . I am speaking of the weather agency's not the forum.  

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Looking at radar, if that band that is headed SE holds together, the turnpike may be a bit sketchy in the next hour or so. 

KX enjoy buddy. You are long overdue. Looks like you keep it till the weekend. 

Thanks...Still holding out for the big one.

42 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

30 car pile-up closes I-80 in Union County Update. One fatality reported. 

My mom is head of HR at hospital in Lewisburg and she said they had emergency operation mode for Mass casualty incident...early photos are awful, cars pinned in between crashed tractor trailers, hoping everyone else involved survived.

7 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

My mom is head of HR at hospital in Lewisburg and she said they had emergency operation mode for Mass casualty incident...early photos are awful, cars pinned in between crashed tractor trailers, hoping everyone else involved survived.

This is the not so cool part of winter.  Hope it wasnt as bad as it sounds (injury wise).

22 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

That's terrible.  Prayers to all those involved.

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Euro bowling ball 12/26 and 12/27, with some scattered frozen in PA,  at least SOMETHING to watch...quick warm up afterwards as it drags a warm front our way but better than watching the parade of highs on the GFS.

Yes, there is a little hope on the 12z Euro that our break in the action pattern will have some winter weather. Normals really go down as we head into late December, & of course we need it to be just cold enough to snow. Sometimes we can luck into minor snow events even in a not good looking pattern.

Here is the 12z Euro for late 12/26 into 12/27.

31247837-204D-4F11-BDDE-CB00C8833397.png

858EEA6D-5159-41D0-BAC0-976B0FD34D6D.png

F5C88C93-A6B0-4C48-9E0E-78612852C249.png

47 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

This is the not so cool part of winter.  Hope it wasnt as bad as it sounds (injury wise).

I've been fortunate the past few years to not be out in the really bad storms or squalls, but what happened on I-80 today is why, due to my career, I dislike winter and snow as much as I do.

I had 17 this morning. Crazy gusts of winds overnight

12 hours ago, canderson said:

We have snow in Harrisburg. Not a squall but enough to cover side roads. 

that squall came through and completely covered the grass and roads. it was a quick hitter for sure.

10 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

i heard of this yesterday right after it happened. so we turned on the communications for the event. It was pretty crazy, multiple vehicles, multiple injures, multiple entrapment with aeromedical assistance.

large scale MC events suck. 

7 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It was a cold night in Hershey. Had a dusting of snow upon our arrival, after that just biting wind and cold. 

i was thinking of you and how you were making out. 

7 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

No one anywhere is saying mid to late January until the next snow chanac

Actually pretty much every post I read last evening was punt and second week of Jan or later....if they made a reference to time.    A red tagger went as far as to reference second half of the season repeatedly when talking about hopes. 

13 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I had 17 this morning. Crazy gusts of winds overnight

that squall came through and completely covered the grass and roads. it was a quick hitter for sure.

i heard of this yesterday right after it happened. so we turned on the communications for the event. It was pretty crazy, multiple vehicles, multiple injures, multiple entrapment with aeromedical assistance.

large scale MC events suck. 

i was thinking of you and how you were making out. 

Dude...it was cold. I love cold. But after about 2.5 hours I cried uncle and quickly moved the fam towards the parking lot. :lol:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Actually pretty much every post I read last evening was punt and second week of Jan or later....if they made a reference to time.    A red tagger went as far as to reference second half of the season repeatedly when talking about hopes. 

There seems to be unanimous agreement we are shutout for the next 10+ days...there are differing opinions on the timing of the pattern flip, but to your point there were quite a few solid posters/mets who seemed concerned it would take well into January before we see signs of improvement here. 

One thing we know - things can change quickly. What looks like a good pattern can go to crap and vice versa almost overnight. We wait...

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There seems to be unanimous agreement we are shutout for the next 10+ days...there are differing opinions on the timing of the pattern flip, but to your point there were quite a few solid posters/mets who seemed concerned it would take well into January before we see signs of improvement here. 

One thing we know - things can change quickly. What looks like a good pattern can go to crap and vice versa almost overnight. We wait...

And to close out this subject my post yesterday simply said after watching post after post, in early December on the MA LR thread, that we would be rockin' now the current look of the MR models was little to no winter weather (or even temps once this cold snap is up) through the first 1/3 of Winter which I consider to be Jan 1.  It was a huge reversal from what was supposed to happen per lots of "experts".   Now among several posts over there referencing later January a red tagger named Millville weather referenced the second half of winter, including alluding to saying "It really stings to say second half...".  and I thought it ironic that people over there are almost doubling down on my simple comment of the next two weeks not looking good.