• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall/Early Winter 2019 Forecasts and Discussion

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There it is! I've been patiently waiting for that picture for a while now. That must have been one heck of a squall...enjoy your snow! 

6 minutes ago, daxx said:

Wow! That is awesome bud. Visibility had to be incredible with that!

Just got up from a nap so i missed it :(

Will have to check my security cameras to see what it was like...

I feel like this is a good time to ask this question with squalls around. I live in the very north west corner of Lancaster county outside of Elizabethtown. When tracking t-storms, squalls, clippers, then the bigger storms from the south, etc, I have to bounce around the different radar locations to see what is coming and the returns aren't accurate half the time. I think a couple of you guys are in the same situation placed between State College, Baltimore and the Philly radar. What does everyone in this area use live storm tracking? Is there a best service/app that blends the radars and gives a semi accurate radar for this area? I asked Horst this on twitter and he said im in a radar hole, especially for squalls and t-storms. 

7 minutes ago, JTrout said:

I feel like this is a good time to ask this question with squalls around. I live in the very north west corner of Lancaster county outside of Elizabethtown. When tracking t-storms, squalls, clippers, then the bigger storms from the south, etc, I have to bounce around the different radar locations to see what is coming and the returns aren't accurate half the time. I think a couple of you guys are in the same situation placed between State College, Baltimore and the Philly radar. What does everyone in this area use live storm tracking? Is there a best service/app that blends the radars and gives a semi accurate radar for this area? I asked Horst this on twitter and he said im in a radar hole, especially for squalls and t-storms. 

I work in Etown. I’ve used intellicast for many years. Seems to be pretty accurate to me. 
https://www.wunderground.com/maps/radar/current

31 minutes ago, JTrout said:

Intellicast is a fairly decent regional radar to use that also doesn't do too bad with p-type depiction either, but yea York/Lancaster county is a tough spot in PA for doppler products as LWX or CCX only sees down to about 6-7K feet at best on the 0.5º tilt. Considering the Sus Valley is one of the more severe prone parts of the state and with the population you would think a doppler placed somewhere around there would be of interest. I say put one in Tamaqua. Between CCX, BGM, and DIX... Voyager can't see under 9-10k feet with any of them. 

Just now, MAG5035 said:

Intellicast is a fairly decent regional radar to use that also doesn't do too bad with p-type depiction either, but yea York/Lancaster county is a tough spot in PA for doppler products as LWX or CCX only sees down to about 6-7K feet at best on the 0.5º tilt. Considering the Sus Valley is one of the more severe prone parts of the state and with the population you would think a doppler placed somewhere around there would be of interest. I say put one in Tamaqua. Between CCX, BGM, and DIX... Voyager can't see under 9-10k feet with any of them. 

WGAL used to have a live radar but its been down since 2017 I believe, it was nice for the Sus Valley.