• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall/Early Winter 2019 Forecasts and Discussion

23 minutes ago, canderson said:

Right on. And in clippers that need some CAD work Harrisburg proper more times than not will overperform. I can't tell you how many clippers have dropped 3" snow in two hours when no one really expected much of anything. I love those little things. 

Despite having somewhat of a heat island bias the city does CAD well. I assume the mountain cut immediately to the west and downsloping plays a big role there. 

that big hill makes us or breaks us. 

edit-especially in the summer. A couple years ago when that Tornado came through, it stayed on the Perry County Side, crossed the river into Dauphin. Though we had issues in Northeast Cumberland County, Marysville, Perdix and Dauphin took the brunt

37 minutes ago, canderson said:

Right on. And in clippers that need some CAD work Harrisburg proper more times than not will overperform. I can't tell you how many clippers have dropped 3" snow in two hours when no one really expected much of anything. I love those little things. 

Despite having somewhat of a heat island bias the city does CAD well. I assume the mountain cut immediately to the west and downsloping plays a big role there. 

I think the year was 2009. Twice a week I was getting clippers dumping 2-4" of  snow. Not big snows but it all adds up.

I love those clippers!!

A lot of us in this forum have been here before the American WX. We have a good group!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pawatch said:

I think the year was 2009. Twice a week I was getting clippers dumping 2-4" of  snow. Not big snows but it all adds up.

I love those clippers!!

A lot of us in this forum have been here before the American WX. We have a good group!!

I agree.  This group is special and to Bubbler's point we've always sort of managed model discussion and banter all in one thread. (though we do/did have a complaint thread in the past) Because of our numbers it's easy to get to know a little bit more about people which helps make it more personal. 

I really do enjoy being here. 

• Like 1

Gotta say that looking at the evolution for weekend NON event, just makes one scratch head as we have storms that can cut through the nations midsection like noones business, and for this upcoming weekend, we get a storm UNDER us, and it can climb whatsoever.  If ones looks at 500's it is just mindboggling....even if there isnt enough cold air in place.   

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Unless one is forecasting the common MR models are very wrong, not until the last day or two of the year from what I saw last night.  Unfortunately it would be a warm system as of now. 

Thanks bubbler, honestly I'm okay rain or snow as long as it's interesting...cold and dry is the worst fate imo.

1 minute ago, anotherman said:

I vote to keep the banter and more serious forecasting discussion all in one thread.  It's what makes this thread cool.  Don't have to walk on egg shells the whole time.

Agree...Why change it.  If you don't like banter, skip over it.  Some people take this too serious! Why is it so bad to discuss on topic and off topic in the same thread? Big deal!

• Thanks 1