• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Early Winter 2019 Forecasts and Discussion

2 hours ago, canderson said:

First official snowfall of the season - I'm putting it down for .5 (it was melting by the time I got out at 7:45 a.m.)

at 130AM my driveway and truck was covered. By 5AM driveway was clear and only had my windshield covered of the truck. It didn't take long to melt

Some steadier snow moving through, although surface temps are a bit warm and nothing accumulating currently. Some of the heavier returns coming might get some accums started. Lake effect regime sets in tonight which favors the NW and Laurels. 

Some of you guys in the LSV are beating me in the early going with snowfall haha. Despite the snowy/icy pics from where I was hunting 20 miles away and the completely ice encased and snowcovered Allegheny front a mere 4 miles away from here.. I only got about 0.2" at the house from Sun/Mon's major storm. I logged 0.7" in November so just shy of an inch on the season total. 

Speaking of the ice from Sun/Mon's storm, I snapped this pic in the woods yesterday morning.

0BA48761-A8DA-42CE-A605-E0EC01E0C23D.jpeg.a638b23e67be2afdc8fa6c8c104304d5.jpeg

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

Overall Pattern Thoughts as we head into the heart of December? I know we get mild going into early next week. Anyone think we will get back to a winter look and feel pattern going into mid-December? Today was a teaser! 

Looks like our next chance at something wintry is at the end of next week. Right now odds favor a storm during that time period and with a significant amount of CAD we could see extended frozen on the front end. Obviously, all of that can and will change. 

Main takeaway is that we should have some opportunities to track through the month. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looks like our next chance at something wintry is at the end of next week. Right now odds favor a storm cutting during that time period but with a significant amount of CAD we could see extended frozen on the front end. Obviously, all of that can and will change. 

Main takeaway is that we should have some opportunities to track through the month. 

12Z Euro is a significant storm.    Too Warm for LSV but too far out to worry about that.    I am unfortunately supposed to be flying back from Florida that Saturday so as usual travelling in the winter sucks. 

I know it was nothing special but you had to actually be up and outside  to have any idea how much you may of had last night .I have been here 5 years , Blizzard of 93 is the only one who is  on point during the early AM hours each and every storm . I know no one listens to me but I think most of you should let him tell you what happened when you where sleeping, hell even when your awake for some of you. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z Euro is a significant storm.    Too Warm for LSV but too far out to worry about that.    I am unfortunately supposed to be flying back from Florida that Saturday so as usual travelling in the winter sucks. 

We've kinda sorta given up trying to fly back to Texas from December to March because it's such a hassle with weather. I mean, we'll do it but we try to not go just for random reasons that time of the year (we usually fly down 6-8 times a year, for reference).

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

We've kinda sorta given up trying to fly back to Texas from December to March because it's such a hassle with weather. I mean, we'll do it but we try to not go just for random reasons that time of the year (we usually fly down 6-8 times a year, for reference).

That is a lot of flying for you.  I go to Florida about 13 or 14 times a year so I have to go but it just seems every time I go we have a storm.  I am in PA for 3 weeks and the weather is serene then off to Florida and its tracking time.

It would not surprise me if @Blizzard of 93 reads this and suggests I go to Florida more often so he gets more snow :-)