• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall/Early Winter 2019 Forecasts and Discussion

After bouncing around webcams of the state, it looks like the typical expected winners were the ones that cashed in.  Northern tier, Somerset/Johnstown and NEPA (including Schuylkill County as one cam showed a whitening of the ground).  CTP will wait for the next one....or the next one, but we'll be here.

Tug Hill got a nice little event out of it as it was primarily snow up there.  Lucky buggers.

Have a good day gang.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Friend up in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, got 10" last night. That's really quite rare for them.

I did see some flakes this morning mixed in with raindrops. 

yeah i think i counted like 3 mashed tater splats on windshield on way to work.  Looks like a touch of backbuilding on radar so maybe a couple more mood flakes may fly as thermal boundary seems to be cold enough for whatever falls to be white and no longer wet down here.

44 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

yeah i think i counted like 3 mashed tater splats on windshield on way to work.  Looks like a touch of backbuilding on radar so maybe a couple more mood flakes may fly as thermal boundary seems to be cold enough for whatever falls to be white and no longer wet down here.

at 5:00 my truck said 43. The wind/rain was just starting to pick up. 

29 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

yeah i heard the front come through around 530-6 am.  Notable drop since then.  No flakes though.  

i'm glad we didn't have the wind earlier. We would have burned an entire block instead of 3 houses. 

Looks like we warm briefly before dropping at sunset again. 

Pretty snow squally day around here, although the bare ground and earlier sun in between melted most light accums off. Glass table on the deck has about a half inch on it, so that's probably a fair representation of the running total for the day. 

It also didn't take long to pile up I-80 today in multiple places in Ohio and PA. 

21 degrees this morning.

NWS State College
@NWSStateCollege
14h
Precipitation type forecasting is one of the most difficult parts of winter weather. That's why we need your help! Let us know if you're getting snow, sleet, rain, freezing rain, or a mix at your location all winter long through the mPING app! Download today. #WinterPrep pic.twitter.com/F4O0kLAq04