• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Early Winter 2019 Forecasts and Discussion

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Looks like down in Franklin County they have gusts up to 70, headed pretty much right at harrisburg. 

And moving at 50 mph. Like I says upthread, this is very similar to a Texas March setup.

Yea I think the LSV is more mixed out (evidenced by some gustier surface winds out ahead) and has a much better chance of seeing severe gusts mixed down with the leading line of storms. 

14 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Exactly sums it up.   Rain is pounding but big deal.  You win, another bust 

Ha, I was not trying to promote my post from earlier.  That one was more about what appeared to be an under forecasted dry slot which turned today into a fairly dry day.  We certainly are  not coming any where near the 1.5 to 2.5 inch forecast.  I have seen these lines bust here and cause major damage in the Eastern LSV so maybe someone sees drama.

6 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

We only ended up with between 3/4" and 1" for the whole two day total.  Almost all of it came with the front passing..only 2/10" from the 24 hours prior.   

We had a solid 2 hours of moderate to heavy rain from 8 to 10 last night. I was surprised.

48 minutes ago, Voyager said:

We had a solid 2 hours of moderate to heavy rain from 8 to 10 last night. I was surprised.

Wow, frontal rains lasted 20-30 min here...had a few showers a few hours later as well.  The zone forecast could not have been much more incorrect IMBY yesterday     I really thought most of the day was going to feature rain albeit it light for some of the time.   I guess I am only noticing it because of all the scary AFD's that warned of doom and it sounds like the LSV and your area verified on that in some manner. 

On 11/1/2019 at 3:29 AM, MAG5035 said:

And I can confirm a few flurries flying around in the wind here as well now. November looks to open up quite cold. 

Happy snow tracking season everyone! This morning certainly was chilly & frosty!

We need to watch the storm around the end of this week. The ensembles & Ops are showing CTP on the southern edge of a little snow by next weekend. As of now, the models show the better chance for snow for NY state & parts of New England. 

Either way, the cold shots appear to be lining up for the first half of November. Hopefully we can score some early snow just like last year!

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

Had to turn on the new furnace for the first time last night. Working like a champ.

We never had made it to November 1 before but the lack of any early arctic air cold plunge made it easy, 

You sir are brave. We have had several nights the last 2 weeks that went into the 30’s & 40’s.