• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall/Early Winter 2019 Forecasts and Discussion

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Warm front passage? It is dead freaking calm here...

Its much calmer here now as well.  At about 7:30 is calmed down.  We live right on the side of "South Mountain", one of many mountains with that same name, so our winds are sometimes crazy.  Winds were blowing all night so it was more than a front passage but had not looked to see what was causing it. 

Edit-And my trash can really was down.  That was not just a salute to @canderson.  LOL. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sauss06 said:

way off topic, but nothing is happening with weather. have any of you tried the Yuengling/Hershey Beer? I enjoyed it, though i wouldn't sit around and drink a bunch of them. I like it better then the Sweet baby Jesus.

Terrible beer and terrible chocolate together does not make a good drink. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

I'm not a Yuengling Fan at all. But like i said, i enjoined the one i had. We were at Iron Hill last night, before concert, first trip i really enjoyed.

We're big IH fans (members of their club) and usually are there two or three times/month. So glad they opened on in Hershey! 

15 hours ago, sauss06 said:

way off topic, but nothing is happening with weather. have any of you tried the Yuengling/Hershey Beer? I enjoyed it, though i wouldn't sit around and drink a bunch of them. I like it better then the Sweet baby Jesus.

I just had one tonight after supper, and I liked it, but like you said, not a beer to be drinking a bunch of at one time. My wife took a sip and you should have seen her face...lol. She would have made the Keystone bitter beer commercial actors proud!!! :lol:

17 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

In Green Bay.  Has some up-slope/LES type stuff for PA the following week.  Euro makes a run for the 70's Tue and Wed and not far from that Thursday. 

I like seeing snow storms showing up in the US outside of the mountains this early in the season. This week it looks like Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin & Minnesota are going to get a good early snowstorm. Some years, there is no cold to be found to allow it to snow so early. This year, so far, there will have already been some good snowstorms in the US. Heck, it even snowed yesterday in the Texas panhandle!

The average high at MDT today is 61, so we still have a few weeks or so until even a below normal pattern can produce a chance of snow. Our time is coming soon!

19 hours ago, canderson said:

1.75” here - really heavy this morning. 

Its now sunny and 74 - feels quite warm in the sun.

19 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just got back from a walk along the river and it's really nice out...albeit a little too warm...

Shocked at how yesterday ended really. 

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We ended up at 71.  Saw Cap City made it to 76 yesterday,  Wow. 

The average high at MDT today is still 60. The record high for today is 80, which was set in 1984. The temps today were not too far out of line.

Later this week, we are going to cool off. We might not get to 50 this weekend.