• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Early Winter 2019 Forecasts and Discussion

2 hours ago, pawatch said:

37 degrees here this morning. Looks like some much needed rain on Wednesday.

About time to fire my stoker stove up this week.

Was thinking the same thing.  Time to get some firewood moved down from out back.  Looking forward to the first smells of smoke billowing from the chimney.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My wife and I were up early yesterday to attend Fall Fest...headed out the door around 7am and was stunned when I turned on my wipers to clear off the condensation only to discover it was frozen. :) :snowman:

We had to park outside Saturday and Sunday night and the condensation both mornings was crazy. We always park in our garage so aren't used to it but was surprised by how heavy it was on the glass. 

2 hours ago, canderson said:

If your trash day is Thursday, fill up the gas tank so you can go search for your can. 

Amazing how many windy Wednesday night/Thursday mornings there have been over the years. It's been a long/running joke in our neighborhood while we're all outside bright and early on Thursdays exchanging cans and lids with each other. 

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Had 1.2" yesterday. Winds aren't quite what I expected, but the direction for once isn't one where it hits the broadside of my house so it could be deceptive. 

The rain was much appreciated. Too late to recover a pretty leaf change unfortunately. 

My ride down I-81 to Granville would argue differently...lol

4 hours ago, canderson said:

36 was my low. No heat on still! 

I caved with the heat & put it on 2 days ago. We always say every year that we are going to wait until November 1st, but usually we turn it on sometime during the last 2 weeks of October.

It looks like we are heading into a colder than normal pattern during the last week of October. It should last through at least the first week of November, it not longer.

Hopefully we can discuss looking for our first snow flakes of the season during the next couple of weeks!

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

NWS mentioned the end of the growing season...I don't know.  I just mowed my grass and its not done growing. Could see 70 on Monday. 

Let’s turn the page & start winter tracking!

The latest run of the Euro weeklies takes us to December 2nd !

It’s time to dust off our winter play book & get into our winter tracker game shape!

The forecast for today has undergone massive changes since a few days ago!

For Most of the week, the forecast for today was supposed to be sunny with a high in the low 60’s. Then by Friday, they introduced a slight 30% chance of rain.       Now, there is a 90 % chance of rain today with another system riding up the coast. It was a terrible job of forecasting by most sources that I looked at this week.

Enjoy your surprise rainy Sunday everyone!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The forecast for today has undergone massive changes since a few days ago!

For Most of the week, the forecast for today was supposed to be sunny with a high in the low 60’s. Then by Friday, they introduced a slight 30% chance of rain.       Now, there is a 90 % chance of rain today with another system riding up the coast. It was a terrible job of forecasting by most sources that I looked at this week.

Enjoy your surprise rainy Sunday everyone!

Naughty Nestor

On 10/19/2019 at 8:54 AM, canderson said:

36 was my low. No heat on still! 

On 10/19/2019 at 1:55 PM, Blizzard of 93 said:

I caved with the heat & put it on 2 days ago. We always say every year that we are going to wait until November 1st, but usually we turn it on sometime during the last 2 weeks of October.

It looks like we are heading into a colder than normal pattern during the last week of October. It should last through at least the first week of November, it not longer.

Hopefully we can discuss looking for our first snow flakes of the season during the next couple of weeks!

i haven't turned my heat on yet either, however i have started a fire a couple days to take out the dampness.

On 10/19/2019 at 7:20 PM, Bubbler86 said:

NWS mentioned the end of the growing season...I don't know.  I just mowed my grass and its not done growing. Could see 70 on Monday. 

my grass is still growing. I'll bet i mow at least 2-3 more times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sauss06 said:

i haven't turned my heat on yet either, however i have started a fire a couple days to take out the dampness.

my grass is still growing. I'll bet i mow at least 2-3 more times.

Yeah Id bet the same, but mine is mixed mowing and leaf mulching.

• Like 1