• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Early Winter 2019 Forecasts and Discussion

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Since the last 90's of the season seem to be gone (for now anyway), it seems like a good time to turn the page and discuss what is largely our favorite time of the year.

Here's to a great fall and winter.

Discuss..........

Nut

Thanks for starting this! Here's to unproductive work days and sleepless nights ahead...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Low 90s before noon in October. That...is incredible. 

yeah it is a rather large diurnal swing in a rather compressed area, but this is the season for it.  

it was nice to open the windows and turn the AC off this morning.  Hearing the rain in the gutters and feel in the air was a welcome site for me/us.

18 hours ago, canderson said:

Is anyone else grinning ear-to-ear with this weather? Beautiful sunny day around 60 yesterday, today a rainy mid 60s day and a soaker coming tomorrow for the first time in a few months, 

Its just awesome to be away from the oven.  Looks like nice stretch of autumnal weather coming up.  

Went down on bike to OC MD for anniversary weekend with wife and another couple and my face is rather windburnt.  Wind was crazy for a rather long duration.  Outside of that, it was great to be chilly for once.

There was a Corvette show going on.  Pretty cool to see them rumble up the boardwalk.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Its just awesome to be away from the oven.  Looks like nice stretch of autumnal weather coming up.  

Went down on bike to OC MD for anniversary weekend with wife and another couple and my face is rather windburnt.  Wind was crazy for a rather long duration.  Outside of that, it was great to be chilly for once.

There was a Corvette show going on.  Pretty cool to see them rumble up the boardwalk.

I run away from OCMD as fast as I can during the summer but this is a great time of the year to be there. Nice weather + no crowds = win. 

@canderson I love me a good rainy day. Now if I can pick and choose I'd much prefer it to happen during the week and not on Sunday. My wife and I didn't get our river trail walk in yesterday. 

This blizzard is absolutely crushing the Dakotas ! Last week a good snow storm hit Montana.

I like the fact that cold & snow are moving into the country even outside of the higher mountains this early.

The Mid-Atlantic pre season winter thread today had a map of the global snow cover index. Snow coverage looks to be well above normal to date. I realize that the snow cover theory does not always translate into positive winter effects for our own winter pattern, but generally, it can’t hurt our chances either!

Here is the current blizzard map in North Dakota!

I can’t wait until our time arrives!

FA095DBA-C156-45DD-AE85-F1F73FDF0C89.png