• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, Syrmax said:

NAM 12k brings mix into SYR.  I think this could hold down accumulations there and certainly at BGM if a few inches lost on front end.

I know it counts some as sleet but wow! Smoked. Where are the buffalo warnings??? At least the eastern part of the area. To let the public know big snow is a possibility

150524D6-93FF-4F9D-BBD2-034C300AD9EC.png

I feel like a lot of the action is now on the back end from the energy between the primary and the redeveloping coastal. A regular coastal storm would bring clear skies to Syracuse! Lol

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

NAM 12k brings mix into SYR.  I think this could hold down accumulations there and certainly at BGM if a few inches lost on front end.

This certainly is a fascinating storm system.  Secondary development and low transfers are alway finicky for upstate. It seems to be trending towards more of a low transfer and not a jump, which favors us in regards to moisture and dynamics but also introduces more thermal profile issues. I love seeing the low deepen and retrograde a bit as the secondary takes over. 

I feel like I could get 1 inch or I could 9 inches right now.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Like I said be before, I'll be happy with a 6-8" event with decent snow growth, which I think is going to be quite efficient for a time tomorrow night as enhancement kicks in so we'll see but Good Luck to all and I hope everyone gets a decent event!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This is not my system unfortunately... I need an inland runner like we got in early November lol. I cashed in with a foot during that one. Can’t win them all. Gonna hope for a quick front end 1-2” before the secondary moisture stays too far south 

• Sad 1

We've had 2 decent sized snow events so far this yr already to track and today is the first day of meteorological Winter! I'd say we're ahead of the game but unfortunately the first was a dud for us further East but Other places crushed and there were surprises as I expect there to be with this event.

• Like 1

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

We've had 2 decent sized snow events so far this yr already to track and today is the first day of meteorological Winter! I'd say we're ahead of the game but unfortunately the first was a dud for us further East but Other places crushed and there were surprises as I expect there to be with this event.

12 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Gotta say, 00Z NAM looks fishy but mostly in dealing with the stalled low SE of New England. It could be right but looks like it loses the plot with slp and precip depiction/evolution. 

Yeh it’s confused

488BB05F-87D6-48B3-A5A2-A68204F8EB01.png

5 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Well no last minute surprises like the HRRR with the last event, and in the end, it was ultimately right, lol, and it screwed everyone so let's hope we dont see something like that occur but I just dont seeing this time.

I think only the GFS is showing some indication of mix with the front end here and that might be why it shows 20" of accum IMBY vs 14" of snow depth increase for the same period (out thru 60 hrs).  Regardless, it looks like 4-6" on front end and at least that much for part 2.