• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

I woke up to 3 or 4 inches of super fluff this morning as that band shifted West late last night.  However this snow cannot be compared to the storm snow, this had to be 25:1 type stuff while the storm was closer to 8:1.    Really no comparison. But damn it looked beautiful out there.  

As a side note, I'm afraid we've set the bar really high early in the season.  It could truthfully be almost 2 months before we hit another wintry stretch like this.  Or it could literally not be this cold and snowy again for the remainder of the winter.  This is fairly unprecedented stuff here.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I woke up to 3 or 4 inches of super fluff this morning as that band shifted West late last night.  However this snow cannot be compared to the storm snow, this had to be 25:1 type stuff while the storm was closer to 8:1.    Really no comparison. But damn it looked beautiful out there.  

As a side note, I'm afraid we've set the bar really high early in the season.  It could truthfully be almost 2 months before we hit another wintry stretch like this.  Or it could literally not be this cold and snowy again for the remainder of the winter.  This is fairly unprecedented stuff here.  

Damn it im trying to copy, paste do whatever it takes but there are some real signs of a rather large PV disruption being forecast by the EPS and now the GEFS by Thanksgiving...also if you look at the forecasts for temps ten days out they have trended colder and the warm up appears gone...best temps I saw were next week's mind thru thursd and it was low 40's at best and then back to the 30's towards Thanksgiving...im really liking what im seeing here.

24 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Looking out beyond this period into the middle to latter portions
of next week...the medium range guidance packages have diverged
considerably over the last 24 hours...which for the time being
results in at least somewhat lower confidence in the return to
milder temperatures persisting beyond the end of this period.

Thank you Wolfie!!! Every time I try to attach something it says file too big. 

Thoughts on Thursday PM into Friday AM? NWS is factoring the marginal temps and only calling for an inch in BUF when the SW flow sets up but the hi res models are all putting together a somewhat decent looking band to meander around the metro for a few hours and a possible narrow bullseye of a few inches? P type could end up being an issue but maybe something to watch? Transition Zone special on the ARW!

56b4d5d9f72b83eef8cdee2beb1d0d30.png5e1cb41cbf0a99575f6efc3a1f8a309a.pngf4aefa5cb91dc956f271a3bd50bf1b85.png

• Like 2