• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Having grown up on the Jersey short and lived in Philly and NW NJ before moving up here, it’s almost hard for me to ever complain!!
I lived in Jersey City for 25 yrs and it was expected, mixing and what not but not up here. When it happens, it hurts even more but bbn I've been here for 15yrs so ur attitude should start to change at about 10yrs or so, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I lived in Jersey City for 25 yrs and it was expected, mixing and what not but not up here. When it happens, it hurts even more but bbn I've been here for 15yrs so ur attitude should start to change at about 10yrs or so, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Maybe so - but I’m watching the sky go to a thunderstorm look that I know contains snow and where I come from - that’s still so bada$$!!!

From UB North, the visible arrangement of the band clouds was very unusual and cool right before sunset. There was a distant band cloud far to the south (the band off Erie), another distant band that must have been the main Georgian connection far to the NE, and a weak, wispy cloud band from the NW that tapered off, which must have been a band off a very short fetch at the western end of Lake Ontario. We often see single bands to both the N and S, but not with this arrangement.

So I'm beginning to do see a pattern or trend here I think we are going to love this winter. Guidance for the last few days showed a pretty decent warm up in the long range to almost mid to late November norms right up to Thanksgiving week. Well that idea has gone back a step and the models are having a tough time keeping it milder. This reminds me of the winter of '11-'12 when we would see cold signals in the long range but as we got within 7 days it backed off and we stayed milder...if this is the reverse of that there are plenty of signs that might suggest a ridge bridge building in Scandinavia over eventually to Greenland by Thanksgiving turning the NAO negative and the PV taking a bit of a beating. We COULD be setting ourselves up for a pretty great start to December if this has support in the next few days.

1 hour ago, tim123 said:

Band was webster to walworth

There’s that little micro climate in E Penfield, SE Webster and W Walworth that always does well with these. I think it’s the tiny hills. The Christmas tree farms get slammed. 
only 1” in Irondequoit. Although probably had a foot these last few days so can’t complain!