• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Anyone around BUF take any measurements lately? I just did an 8pm stick and have 5.2” on my board. Seems high to me but with a NE wind I have no exposure to drifting in the yard so maybe just the fact it’s been able to accumulate on the board all day and not melting?

BUF has 5" otg in their metar, just like ROC. 

5 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I love weather and track models on tropical tidbits as a hobby. Hopefully I can be of some help here. You guys are awesome by the way. Great conversations and always amazing insight. Past two years lurking have been tough. I’m glad I’m no longer a lurker. I never knew I could post without paying for a membership. Lol stupid me

What's your elevation? Are you in champlain valley?

4 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Anyone around BUF take any measurements lately? I just did an 8pm stick and have 5.2” on my board. Seems high to me but with a NE wind I have no exposure to drifting in the yard so maybe just the fact it’s been able to accumulate on the board all day and not melting?

I have 5.7" at 8:15 so seems spot on to me as I'm only 4 miles to your SE.

3 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

I am low elevation by Cumberland bay. Across the street from Champlain lake. At 2.5 inches currently. Elevation around 140 feet

Beautiful spot. I graduated from SUNY Plattsburgh in 96. More snow falls here in C/WNY, at least from my few years there, but way better pack retention from noticeably colder temps. 

I’ve seen the second half save a couple storms like this. Delta is right, you can stand on this stuff. 
Back in Irondequoit. Didn’t hit real snow until 2 miles from the lake shore. Roads are a disaster. Had to leave Pittsford once it changed to f’ing freezing rain. A cruel joke. 
4.5” up here. Tried out the new snow blower on the compacted 3” in the driveway. Would’ve hurt to shovel even that tiny amount. Looking at 6:1 or similar. 
Anyone in Orleans or Niagara? OSU was right- no taint there as far as it looks. 

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Beautiful spot. I graduated from SUNY Plattsburgh in 96. More snow falls here in C/WNY, at least from my few years there, but way better pack retention from noticeably colder temps. 

I go there now. Love the school. Not much in synoptic the last 5 years with lots of coastal for areas like the I95 corridor. This year the low pressures seem to be cutting a little more. A low going through central NY is prime for areas like northern adirondacks but that dry slot is trouble fro central NY in those cases.

51 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Still just light mix, and dryslotting, 27F.  We are losing previous accumulation ~1.5", hour for hour!  An inverse snowstorm at this point.  A new concept to explore? (Snowstorm)^(-1)? We can go places with this, Chief.

We're still in this Max as its blossoming in WNY and pivoting Eastward so we should see a solid deformation zone later tonight or early in the AM but I doubt its over for us!