• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

This storm is definitely not behaving exactly as expected.  As the wxfreak mentioned a few days ago, this storm is a little strung out and moving fast. Places in the finger lakes haven’t even seen a flake yet and were forecasted to get a foot. Cleveland is under winter storm warnings and it’s still raining and 38. Definitely a lot of curve balls with this one and a lot of busts are forthcoming. I should be happy that it’s been snowing at my house for 12 hours straight and we still seem positioned to get 6-10 when all is said and done.  Backside of this storm looks absolutely bone dry so I’m hesitant on the lake response side of things. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

This storm is definitely not behaving exactly as expected.  As the wxfreak mentioned a few days ago, this storm is a little strung out and moving fast. Places in the finger lakes haven’t even seen a flake yet and were forecasted to get a foot. Cleveland is under winter storm warnings and it’s still raining and 38. Definitely a lot of curve balls with this one and a lot of busts are forthcoming. I should be happy that it’s been snowing at my house for 12 hours straight and we still seem positioned to get 6-10 when all is said and done.  Backside of this storm looks absolutely bone dry so I’m hesitant on the lake response side of things. 

It went 30-40 miles further NW then modeled. Detroit is going to get double digits, while they were supposed to get 3-6".

• Like 1

I'm still pretty confident in 6-12" across the entire area. There is a chance at some 2" per hour rates in a few hours across WNY.

..DIFFICULT TRAVEL THIS EVENING WITH SNOW COVERED ROADS...

Snow intensity continues to slowly increase early this evening.
Recent snow rates have generally been around a half inch per
hour, but expect rates to increase to about 1 inch per hour for
several hours this evening and overnight. Many area roads are
already snow covered and slick with several accidents. Motorists
should use caution and allow extra time to reach their
destination.

Across the Southern Tier, a wintry mix will also create difficult
travel conditions before a changeover to all snow later this
evening.
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

It went 30-40 miles further NW then modeled. Detroit is going to get double digits, while they were supposed to get 3-6".

The Mets are going to take a beating on this one tomorrow.  That cutoff from Jamestown up through Ontario county is just brutal.  It wont budge.  

268752498_BUF_loop(1).gif.283571c326e1b405e276fe496ac54f92.gif

• Like 1

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

The Mets are going to take a beating on this one tomorrow.  That cutoff from Jamestown up through Ontario county is just brutal.  It wont budge.  

268752498_BUF_loop(1).gif.283571c326e1b405e276fe496ac54f92.gif

HRRR had this exact scenario this morning and we all discounted it including myself. Good call BuffaloWeather saying this was gonna go further NW then modeled. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

What a great preparation for more let-downs to come this winter.

At least those of us in Central NY aren't getting the shaft while a few miles north gets pounded. Although, it looks like Oswego city has been within the band much of this evening.

That's exactly how I feel.

Two days ago there was a huge snowfall gradient on the maps within 30 miles of my house.

Now it's hours away to the northwest......definitely doesn't hurt like it did before.

• Like 1

Just now, cny rider said:

That's exactly how I feel.

Two days ago there was a huge snowfall gradient on the maps within 30 miles of my house.

Now it's hours away to the northwest......definitely doesn't hurt like it did before.

And it just keeps going farther NW! How much farther north and west is this going to rotate? lol