• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

Still a mix of snow and graupel here in Pittsford. Probably head back to Irondequoit after dinner, as being on this side of the line will make me crazier than I already am and I know nobody needs that. Glad to hear other parts of Rochester are turning back! 

Yeah Dave, we just now turned back over to all snow now down here in Geneseo.  It must have been that rimming stuff OSU was talking about.  Hopefully we stay in the good stuff now..

• Like 2

We’re not having the snow fun that you guys are, but our guys all commented about the swing in temperatures today in the Binghamton - Corning area.  It got warm mid-late morning and then by 1pm it had dropped 10°F with no discernible weather event (wind, more/less clouds, etc).  Interesting but worthless tidbit....

• Like 1

...SNOWFALL REPORTS...

Location                     Amount    Time/Date       Provider

...New York...

...Erie County...
Buffalo Airport              1.9 in    0400 PM 11/11   Official NWS Obs

...Genesee County...
Batavia                      4.0 in    0358 PM 11/11   Trained Spotter

...Jefferson County...
Watertown                    2.4 in    0418 PM 11/11   Cocorahs

...Monroe County...
Rochester Airport            2.6 in    0400 PM 11/11   Other Federal

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

...SNOWFALL REPORTS...

Location                     Amount    Time/Date       Provider

...New York...

...Erie County...
Buffalo Airport              1.9 in    0400 PM 11/11   Official NWS Obs

...Genesee County...
Batavia                      4.0 in    0358 PM 11/11   Trained Spotter

...Jefferson County...
Watertown                    2.4 in    0418 PM 11/11   Cocorahs

...Monroe County...
Rochester Airport            2.6 in    0400 PM 11/11   Other Federal

I'm curious about the nws amount...i have my board on the back deck and I'm a smudge over 3"...3.1 to be exact. 

2 minutes ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Lol...think we should be ok.  WSW just went into effect 3hrs ago, bulk of precip back in Indiana/Ohio.  Would expect much more action around 10pm and overnight.  Have about 1.5-2” from today...6-7” total seems plausible.  Maybe another 3” tomorrow night.

You in the Radisson? Just went outside and it was a graupel storm.

12 minutes ago, WNash said:

Lol WGRZ’s in house model shows the snow quickly clearing out at midnight in Buffalo and shortly after towards Rochester 

I thought this was supposed to be a long duration event lasting until at least 6am tomorrow morning? If this thing clears out at midnight no way we make it past the low end of the forecast 6-10”. The flake size has dramatically increased in the last few minutes and is coming down much harder, probably 1”-2”/hr now. If we can keep this up till midnight great but that back end is hauling azz through Michigan so maybe it will be done sooner than expected. 

CBD3405C-D4F0-468C-9E44-0A033C610558.png

3 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

I thought this was supposed to be a long duration event lasting until at least 6am tomorrow morning? If this thing clears out at midnight no way we make it past the low end of the forecast 6-10”. The flake size has dramatically increased in the last few minutes and is coming down much harder, probably 1”-2”/hr now. If we can keep this up till midnight great but that back end is hauling azz through Michigan so maybe it will be done sooner than expected. 

They’re also downplaying the lake effect after this storm passes, saying the most anyone would see off either lake is a couple of inches through Thursday.