• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

So yeah, had no idea weather us shows the entire euro run..Who needs paid sites haha..

Some other hidden gems as well..

I saw a Joe Bastardi tweet yday (today?) that the ECMWF has opened up its model images for public posting, with a few caveats, like you can't use them for financial gain and a couple others.  So I suppose copyright restrictions still apply from PWSP's but the euro itself is fair public game now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I saw a Joe Bastardi tweet yday (today?) that the ECMWF has opened up its model images for public posting, with a few caveats, like you can't use them for financial gain and a couple others.  So I suppose copyright restrictions still apply from PWSP's but the euro itself is fair public game now.

Yes sir..

Good news today for our subscribers and fans of #ECMWF: due to a recent change in broadcast policy from the ECMWF, images from the ECMWF model on our site are now permitted to be shared over the open internet!

Details below:

- Any images from the ECMWF model must retain the ECMWF attribution at the bottom right corner of the image (no cropping).

- Images may not be used for commercial (revenue generating) purposes, including ad-supported websites or private consulting.

- Our Terms and Conditions of use (T&Cs) have been updated accordingly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This makes me feel really good. I haven't been able to think about anything about how dumb I was in making such a stupid decision. Having difficulty sleeping and anxious. Appreciate it, it's only money after all.

Exactly!  You've learned, like most of us, in the school of hard knocks.  I've had to fix things myself after paying someone that did a poor job.

Another piece of advice is to solicit bids and have signed contracts with partial payment milestones half up front for materials, maybe 25% at half done, etc.  Depends on size and scope of job.  Treat it like you are a  business Project Manager (which we are with home projects). And, maybe most importantly, dont be afraid to stick your nose in, ask questions, and don't accept substandard work. Dont make a final payment until satisfied.  My rule of thumb is, would I do a better job myself?  If the answer is yes, then demand satisfaction. Any reputable contractor will work with you. And if they don't, well...dont make a final payment till they do.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This makes me feel really good. I haven't been able to think about anything about how dumb I was in making such a stupid decision. Having difficulty sleeping and anxious. Appreciate it, it's only money after all.

Dude! We’ve all been there. If you own a house, you’ve been ripped off by the scum sucking dirt of the earth contractor. I was jammed out of 3,200 about 8 years ago. Guy stood in my driveway and told me he’d knock the price down from 5,000 to 3,200 if I’d pay him cash up front. 
I felt dumb for two years! Lol.

I did win a claim but he had all his assets hidden. I used to think about bad stuff bro. But you’ll recover. You’ll recover. I laugh a little looking back. It reflects zero on you and entirely on him. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cny rider said:

That's right where we want it down here.

Too good to be true!

The GEM and ECMWF remain much farther north and partially phased with this
southern stream wave, potentially supporting a swath of accumulating
snow just south and east of our region, and close enough to raise
some concern for our area as well. We will continue to closely
monitor model trends for this period.

Beginning today, the Montague, NY (KTYX) radar will be down for about 5 days for the refurbishment of the transmitter. Modern fuses and new cables will replace the original breakers and cables.  This will help keep the 20-year-old radar operating smoothly for another 20 years.

FB_IMG_1572878678490.jpg

From Albany

By Thursday night, there is still some uncertainty regarding the
forecast. We have sided with the 00z ECMWF/GGEM/ICON and some
00z GEFS members. Much of the international guidance has been
rather consistent for several runs now. With this solution, an
approaching northern stream shortwave will team up with some
southern stream moisture. A wave of low pressure looks to
quickly move along a boundary from the Ohio Valley on Thursday
evening towards the mid Atlantic coast for Thursday night,
reaching just offshore southern New England by Friday

As for the wave rider, hard to see suppression being an issue THIS early. EPS had some real beauties yesterday. It’s a decent set up. As folks have said, “a few inches of slop” is probably the best we can hope for. It doesn’t have the markings of a blockbuster. But dang, I need some white. My hands are shaky. My mind is all jangled. Give me a fix doc

• Haha 1