• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, WesterlyWx said:

Literally the single greatest run I can ever remember for here. Obviously it’s going to change but just dreaming of something like this is absolutely fantastic. What would the winds with something like that be? 80mph ??? Probably couldn’t even sustain lake effect snow with winds of that speed. Look at how close those isobars are!!

Already changed to snow in east aurora. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Already changed to snow in east aurora. 

Was literally just looking at this, they just started live streaming this on YouTube yesterday, was down for a few years but remember watching the camera years ago whenever the lake effect band would be in East Aurora and I would be watching the clouds off to my south from Amherst... speaking of I may be moving back there as I am changing jobs and will be working out that way. 

On 11/1/2019 at 6:15 PM, OSUmetstud said:

This storm and the extremely strong pressure fall/rise couplet hit Montreal during the afternoon (Diurnal Max), that might be what took their winds to the next level.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I haven't even started looking at models yet, wtf, its Nov 1st???? Who the heck wants brutal cold now, this way it dissipates just in time for December through Mid-Jan then comes back, but its warm and transient. I'll pass on all of this nonsense, but that's just me emoji1787.png

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I’m like a junky whose been locked up for six months. Give it to me NOW! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Temp dropped from 38 to 33 here in less than a half an hour and we heavy steady heavy wet snow with huge flakes. Went from rain to sleet to snow in a matter of 5 minutes. Coming down good now. First real flakes of the season!!! Maybe a coating of white before all is said and done with how much it’s coming down out there right now too. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm doing damage control all winter with it to preserve the materials and likely have it fixed by a professional company in Spring. Received 3 quotes of around $4,000. In the process of taking him to small claims which would probably take a few months to get resolved. If I end up losing it's the most expensive mistake I've made and a quick learning experience in home ownership. Never trust anyone, a buddy is not a friend. Everyone wants money with little to no effort. 

That def sucks, best of luck recovering costs. Having been a homeowner for over 2 decades now, I'd say contractors are maybe the biggest headache. Always keep your eyes and ears open regarding them, if for no other reason than for future reference.  I've had more costly contractor fiascos than $4k, usually related to my ex-wife absolutely, positively needing some jack@ss project or another to be done. OTOH we have had some good experiences.  A recurring theme with many contractor bad experiences that i hear about have their root in recommendations from friends or family members...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

That def sucks, best of luck recovering costs. Having been a homeowner for over 2 decades now, I'd say contractors are maybe the biggest headache. Always keep your eyes and ears open regarding them, if for no other reason than for future reference.  I've had more costly contractor fiascos than $4k, usually related to my ex-wife absolutely, positively needing some jack@ss project or another to be done. OTOH we have had some good experiences.  A recurring theme with many contractor bad experiences that i hear about have their root in recommendations from friends or family members...

This makes me feel really good. I haven't been able to think about anything about how dumb I was in making such a stupid decision. Having difficulty sleeping and anxious. Appreciate it, it's only money after all.