system over Lake Erie and its associated warm front is beginning to
poke into far sw New York, though most of our forecast area is in
the cool and moist airmass north of that front. Temps are into the
mid 70s to mid 80s with dwpnts near 70F over northeast OH and
western PA while much of our forecast area has been stuck in the
upper 40s to lower 50s much of the day.

Screenshot_20191003-151241.png

• Like 1

Spectacular peak foliage will be arriving in the Adirondacks and Catskills this weekend, while other areas of the state are reaching near-peak and midpoint of change, according to volunteer observers from the Empire State Development Division of Tourism’s I LOVE NY program.

foliageweek4main_e7e9c656-6c9f-480f-b90a-a693a3c21c87 (1).png

• Like 1

Just took a peak at the current area temps in WNY...kbuf is at 48, kiag is at 49, Springville 44, olean 41...the only 50 temp on the map is at Dunkirk which literally sucks in lake Erie water...im thinking the expected highs are not met today which might lead to lower temps than predicted right now for the overnight period.

4 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Spectacular peak foliage will be arriving in the Adirondacks and Catskills this weekend, while other areas of the state are reaching near-peak and midpoint of change, according to volunteer observers from the Empire State Development Division of Tourism’s I LOVE NY program.

foliageweek4main_e7e9c656-6c9f-480f-b90a-a693a3c21c87 (1).png

I don't know where they get their data from.  We seem to always be ahead of what these maps say, and I would certainly say we are past peak in Eastern Delaware County now.  Unless they prefer their peaks with 1/4-1/2 of the trees bare.

Down to 36 here. By far the coolest of the season. Don’t really see any frost though. 

Edit: as I head out this morning there is frost on the top of the car. The windshield and windows are just dew but the top and the roof rack have frost on them so I guess you could consider it a light frost this morning here. 

B7DDE4B0-B108-4FDB-A3B2-E7372666DCE3.png

2 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

Down to 36 here. By far the coolest of the season. Don’t really see any frost though. 

Edit: as I head out this morning there is frost on the top of the car. The windshield and windows are just dew but the top and the roof rack have frost on them so I guess you could consider it a light frost this morning here. 

B7DDE4B0-B108-4FDB-A3B2-E7372666DCE3.png

Very interesting observation for me at least this morning. I drove my wife to work at 6:40ish and when we walked to our vehicle, like WW stated, only frost/frozen water droplets were on the roof of the car...windows were just wet with dew, however when I arrived home about 35 minutes later the front windshield on the same car was now frozen even though the sun had begun to rise. 

9 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Very interesting observation for me at least this morning. I drove my wife to work at 6:40ish and when we walked to our vehicle, like WW stated, only frost/frozen water droplets were on the roof of the car...windows were just wet with dew, however when I arrived home about 35 minutes later the front windshield on the same car was now frozen even though the sun had begun to rise. 

Only thing I can think of was maybe from evaporative cooling as the water evaporated as you were driving around causing whatever moisture was left to freeze? I could be way off though, just a guess lol. 

I can confirm it was below freezing this morning on Fort Drum. Our smoke alarms are very temperature sensitive and when the furnace kicked on for the first time it set off all the alarms. So when my kids and I were outside at about 5 am, everything had a lovely coating of frost which I would have appreciated much more if I wasn’t in pajamas. 

• Like 1