Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2019 Observations

yotaman

20 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

I drove down to Little River, SC yesterday to pick up our new dog and actually rain through a brief rain shower on my way back.  It was officially 0.01”, but that’s 0.01” more than I’ve seen in a month.  I had forgotten what rain was like.

Congrats on the new pup. 

Still dry as a bone here. Partly cloudy and breezy 74/69. Really wish that dew point would drop so I could open the windows up especially if it is not going to rain.

2 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Picked up the first measurable rain since Dorian overnight and yesterday afternoon from the heavy mist that occurred all afternoon. A drought-busting 0.01" lol. In all seriousness it was nice to have some of the dust knocked off the truck, but wow it has been dry. 

Our mist was a bit heavier as we totaled out at .09". Currently it is cloudy, breezy and cool at 68/64.

Praying for rain. Was walking the Furman Lake yesterday. The lake is way down, but even worse was the view toward Paris Mtn. Acres of trees on the west side have died. It’s not from leaves dropping. These are large patches of many dead trees. It is sad to see that happening so quickly. I hate to say it, but it’s a disaster in the making if someone drops a cigarette. 

I'm not going to hold my breath, but one can hope...

Sunday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely after 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62. South wind 6 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

It wont go away!  Simply amazing that we continue to creep towards the 80° mark in the triad again this week.  Hoping the midweek cool down is the final nail in the coffin for the summer.  Finally seeing a an overnight 30s coming up at the farm in Stuart later this week.

Right at .40" this weekend with a lot of drizzle on top of that.  One more round would be a huge help with the lawn seeding.