Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2019 Observations

yotaman

26 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

95° in the triad now.  Temp just shot right up after 12:30 or so.  Impressive yet unfortunate.

Much cooler temps hanging back from OK to MI now.  Waiting for the kick tonight.  Saturday will be an early Christmas present and sanity saver for most here.  

That is what happened to us too. Temp shot up to 94 right around 2 PM and has dropped to 93 now.

This afternoon, the temperature reached 100° at Raleigh. That broke the October record of 98°, which was set on October 6, 1954. It is also the latest 100° or above temperature on record. The previous latest such temperature occurred on September 10, 2007. 2019 also becomes the first year on record when Raleigh's highest annual temperature was reached in October. Records go back to 1887.

23 minutes ago, Shack said:

102 at MCN.

4 out of last 7 days at 100 or higher.

Personally, I have totally enjoyed the anomalous September.  It's been dry, yes, but it's been great to be outside without your clothes getting wet before you get to the car.

Couldn't disagree more, personally. Its been hot since May. I WANT COOL OR COLD! This has been a miserable stretch weather wise in my book. 

CAE  100 today. AVL 91 trying yesterday. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Solak said:

RDU just hit 100F at 207 PM EDT, further breaking the all-time October high temp record. Daily highs were also broken at GSO (94F so far) and FAY (99F so far)

I would love to see a rigorous analysis of RDU temp statistics based on observation locations.  Over the last decade or so, seems like like instances of it being warmer than KFAY are becoming way more common.  I have to question the reality of that.

The historic autumn heat wave of 2019 toppled numerous records yet again in the South. Records included:

Asheville, NC: 91° (tied October record set yesterday)
Athens, GA: 100° (new October record)
Atlanta: 98° (new October record)
Augusta, GA: 100° (new October record)
Birmingham: 101°
Charlotte: 98°
Chattanooga, TN: 100° (tied October record set yesterday)
Columbia, SC: 100°
Columbus, GA: 100° (tied October record)
Crestview, FL: 101° (new October record)
Elizabeth City, NC: 96°(new October record)
Fayetteville, NC: 99°
Greenville-Spartanburg, SC: 98° (new October record)
Greenville, MS: 99° (new October record)
Greenwood, MS: 100° (new October record)
Huntsville, AL: 100°(tied October record set yesterday)
Jackson, KY: 95°
Jackson, MS: 98°
Macon, GA: 102° (new October record)
Memphis: 98° (new October record)
Meridian, MS: 102° (tied October record set yesterday) ***3rd consecutive 100° or above reading; no prior year had reached 100° in October; records go back to 1889***
Mobile: 98° (new October record)
Montgomery, AL: 102° (new October record)
Muscle Shoals, AL: 100° (tied October record set yesterday)
Nashville: 99° (tied October record set yesterday)
New Orleans: 95°
Oak Ridge, TN: 98° (new October record)
Paducah, KY: 93°
Pensacola: 97° (new October record)
Raleigh: 100° (new October record)
Richmond: 97°
Savannah: 96°
Shreveport: 98°
Tallahassee: 97° (new October record)
Tupelo, MS: 99° (tied October record set yesterday)
Tuscaloosa, AL: 101° (tied October record set yesterday)
Wilmington, NC: 98° (new October record)

Macon, GA has set record high temperatures on 10 consecutive days:

September 24: 98°(old record: 96°)
September 25: 99° (old record: 96°)
September 26: 102° (old record: 96°
September 27: 102° (old record: 94°)
September 28: 98° (old record: 96°)
september 29: 97° (old record: 95°)
September 30: 100° (old record: 95°)
October 1: 98° (old record: 94°)
October 2: 98° (old record: 94°)
October 3: 102° (old record: 93°) ***New October Record***

• Like 1

Expecting my 3rd in a row  100 degree high temp...was 101 yesterday. I cant believe this is October... Beyond ridiculous..wildlife and trees are probably confused as hell too lol. Just letting back to normal temps will be a shock to the system. And the dust...ugh...I really really hate drought. 

2 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Expecting my 3rd in a row  100 degree high temp...was 101 yesterday. I cant believe this is October... Beyond ridiculous..wildlife and trees are probably confused as hell too lol. Just letting back to normal temps will be a shock to the system. And the dust...ugh...I really really hate drought. 

It's coming. The pattern is breaking and most folks across the SE will be cool(er) from now into LR. We might actually be looking at some cold air in 10 days or so; whereas we could be talking frost.

The thing I really hate about this heat wave is it took some prime weather away from us; meaning I enjoy opening windows and not having to use AC or heat. We could be looking at a year where we go, within a couple of weeks, from AC to heat. 

• Like 1

It's coming. The pattern is breaking and most folks across the SE will be cool(er) from now into LR. We might actually be looking at some cold air in 10 days or so; whereas we could be talking frost.
The thing I really hate about this heat wave is it took some prime weather away from us; meaning I enjoy opening windows and not having to use AC or heat. We could be looking at a year where we go, within a couple of weeks, from AC to heat. 

Yeah about 3 weeks of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donsutherland1 said:

At 12 pm, the temperature was 91° in Atlanta. That tied the daily record set in 1941 and tied in 1954 and 2018. It is also Atlanta's 91st 90° or above temperature this year. That passes the record of 90 days set in 1980 and tied in 2011.

ATL is 96 at 2pm.  That is 2 degrees higher than yesterday at this time.  Yesterday’s high was 98.  Maybe we push 100 today?