• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Cold Season Thread

wxeyeNH

Starting October here socked in the low clouds at my house.   51F.  Got almost .20" of welcomed rain  last night.  Further north brought plenty of rain in September while areas a bit further south missed out.  Today warm air lurks to the south.  Will it make it in here later?

First true fall cold air to move in soon to end the growing season for all.  Perhaps the first flakes for some too?? 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

Crickets in this thread...no posts for a week...ski season has started in CO at A-Basin and Keystone...Winter is Coming

No worries; the NNE thread is pretty good about waiting until there’s actually something to talk about.  It really won’t be long before there will be snow to discuss around here.  Indeed the Mansfield forecast has flakes for later this week, it’s just not anything too notable at this point:

14OCT19A.jpg

It looks like the end of the month has got more potential though – I’ve been seeing it on multiple runs.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, J.Spin said:

It looks like the end of the month has got more potential though – I’ve been seeing it on multiple runs.

15 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Just waiting for PF to report the first flakes at 4K...

I’m assuming he’s busy with foliage/pre-season stuff, but we need a bit of PF infusion into the main October thread.  The SNErs are trying to wish away the potential for some traditional October snow near the end of the month due to that crazy voodoo curse about October snow and a poor snowfall season.  That’s not a thing up here – we love our October powder days whenever Mother Nature wants to send them!  The family waxing up the boards with the cable radio Halloween station playing in the background is an honored tradition.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

For personal reasons, I'd love to know any thoughts on how this plays out in the North Country, Thursday and Friday, if anyone cares to chime in...

I have a doctors appt in Plymouth on Thursday AM.   Depending on how it works out I might take a quick ride up to Franconia Notch.  I also watch Alex's cam to see what is happening around 1500 feet in the Whites.

1 minute ago, alex said:

I might just lose the 4 leaves we have left...

Yea, Forky had a nice little troll post in the Foliage thread with 925Mb wind map, but I think the prime foliage areas in NH, VT ME are past peak anyway(I think in ME too?), even way down here we are past peak in the valley. If this storm was 1 week ago, then definitely would have made an impact on Columbus Day weekend peepers. Mostly a  dullish brownish-orange-yellow hue looking out my backdoor.

Although Genes drone footage still shows lot of green and mix colors in his area.

35 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Yea, Forky had a nice little troll post in the Foliage thread with 925Mb wind map, but I think the prime foliage areas in NH, VT ME are past peak anyway(I think in ME too?), even way down here we are past peak in the valley. If this storm was 1 week ago, then definitely would have made an impact on Columbus Day weekend peepers. Mostly a  dullish brownish-orange-yellow hue looking out my backdoor.

Although Genes drone footage still shows lot of green and mix colors in his area.

Maybe extreme southern Maine there may still be some left, But here we're past peak.

• Thanks 1