Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs 2019

George BM

50 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Euro much more in the NAM camp than the GFS for precip amounts tomorrow. 0.5-1” for the metro corridor, but much less for @C.A.P.E..

I'm good with whatever now. Just wanted to get some decent rain so I could stop perpetually watering my new grass.

3.7" for the month now. I'll take a quarter inch to freshen up my snowpack, er, I mean soil moisture.

• Like 2

So....including the 0.38 that fell today that will be added in the am, I am at 4.99 for the month now. Crazy after how dry it was the previous 75 days going back from end of Sept to mid July when I had 3.27 during a VERY hot period. After the weekend I will be way over 5 inches for October, and the total for July was 4.78, 90% falling pre mid month. Feast or famine.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Euro and GGEM pretty close lately and in today’s 12z. Not sure if that is coincidence or if the GGEM has gotten better lately. @high risk?

For sensible weather, that means both give the big cold dump out west next week which modifies as it moves toward us. 

This seems to be the trend and CPC is starting to believe it as well. It is alright, as long as it arrives properly for winter.

14 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Am I missing something with this frost advisory? Guidance looks like maybe near 40?

Looks like a good radiational cooling night so I guess they are going a few degrees below guidance for the outlying areas. Calm winds and pretty low dews- mid 30s will produce some scattered frost. Had some pretty impressive frost here last Saturday morning in the open areas, with a forecast low of 39, and no frost advisory.

• H2O unpinned this topic