Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs 2019

George BM

8 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Not to mention that the high/low avg method of calculating a daily mean temp is wacked in the first place. Especially so now that we have all this technology available and could easily calculate a one min avg with 1440 data points every day.

I've felt this way for a long time. It makes no sense that it's being calculated that way now, but perhaps there's an unwillingness to change given that's the way it's always been done(?). 

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I was just going to say the nam looks awesome. These north trends remind me of 09-10. :weenie:

Heading to Flying Dog now. First up will be the oyster stout.

I need to get there. My first happy hour beer today was their coffee porter- Kujo- which originally was an imperial stout. I loved that beer. Was kinda pissed when they stopped making it. The porter is pretty good, but not even close to the Kujo stout.

21 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I need to get there. My first happy hour beer today was their coffee porter- Kujo- which originally was an imperial stout. I loved that beer. Was kinda pissed when they stopped making it. The porter is pretty good, but not even close to the Kujo stout.

They’ve got at least a 12 pack of the Kujo here to go. Let me know if you want me to it pick it up for you and meet on Kent Island next week. It’s $1.67 a bottle

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

They’ve got at least a 12 pack of the Kujo here to go. Let me know if you want me to it pick it up for you and meet on Kent Island next week. It’s $1.67 a bottle

It's the Porter though, right? I can get that here. I would kill for the Kujo Imperial Stout lol. That is defunct though I think.

Either way, Kent Island sounds good. I will be there next Thursday for a blood drive. They always tell you to drink plenty of fluids after you donate.  Less blood, less alcohol required. :lol:

42 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Dews here are in the mid - upper 30s, so I might get some frost tonight. We do good with radiational cooling.

Yes our area does often "overperform" in that area.  36-37 is probably the lowest we go tonight, so maybe some scattered areas of slushy frost lol.

• Like 2

From Mount Holly-

Our region should be on the northwestern edge of the clouds and the precipitation associated with the system from late Saturday night into Sunday. We will continue to mention a chance of rain for northeastern Maryland, Delaware and southern New Jersey. While the NAM has a track closer to the shore, the skill of the NAM is limited at that range, so have gone with a non-NAM blend through this period. Consequently, do not expect any significant wind concerns for our land zones with Nestor.

lol poor NAM gets no respect . Usually deservedly so.:P

9 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

The old Srefs which are now part of the new HREFs look juicy thru 48 . I think that some of the old arw , nmm sref members and now Hrrr, nam nest and  I believe the Gfs to a certain extent and some others are included in the bundle but I could be wrong.

Sorry to be "that guy", but yeah, you're wrong.   B)        The SREF and HREF are independent systems.    The SREF is 13 ARW and 13 NMMB runs, all at 16 km.     The HREF is simply aggregating existing high-resolution (~3 km) model runs (NAM nest, and the Hi-Res Windows NMMB, ARW, and ARW2) into means and probabilities.     The HRRR will be included in the HREF computations starting next summer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yoda said:

Quite a crushing... 2"+ for many

00z 3km NAM is pretty good too... over an inch for many

Precip comes in hot and heavy around dawn Sunday

00z CMC was a move SE by about 75 miles for Sunday... around 0.5" QPF now for just south of EZF into S MD... DCA and BWI near 0.15" total

00z GFS also a SE move compared to 18z... 0.5" line barely into S MD... barely any precip (0.15") back into i95 corridor and the metros

10 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

1st frost of year, and a pretty heavy one at that. JUST stayed above freezing though, 32.7 degrees.

Pretty much the exact same obs here in the creek valley....

Tomatoes and peppers just kept producing pretty well this year....those day are over now.  On to winter!

• Like 1

• H2O unpinned this topic