Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October Discobs 2019

George BM

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Active period ahead. Ukmet has a pretty potent little system on the Fla panhandle at 991mb . Most guidance has really strengthened this system the past 24 hours . Hopefully another rain slug for CAPE's parched sod.

Screenshot_20191016-125156_Chrome_crop_288x410.jpg

12z GFS agrees... but moves it far enough to our SE that it doesn't affect our region... hits SE VA pretty hard on Sunday

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yea...just noted above Ukie is west and stronger.  

CMC has it and it gets rain through most of the region. It seems to stall under the big developing ridge. Not super heavy but long duration. Then it gets kicked out with the next low moving into the GL, and more rain with the associated front from that. It likely wont play out that way, but certainly looks like a potentially active period early next week.

13 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

The radar looks really nice for the next 2-3 hours in the beltways. That's an easy additional inch of rain it appears on the way.

I’d say we are busting the drought today.  Would be nice if we can wrangle our way into another rainer early next week too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Active period ahead. Ukmet has a pretty potent little system on the Fla panhandle at 991mb . Most guidance has really strengthened this system the past 24 hours . Hopefully another rain slug for CAPE's parched sod.

After 8 weeks of daily watering I have finally retired the sprinkler for the year. That got to be a tedious daily chore.

Now the moles can really go to town. :yikes:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

After 8 weeks of daily watering I have finally retired the sprinkler for the year. That got to be a tedious daily chore.

Now the moles can really go to town. :yikes:

Ha!  Ive been back on mole patrol for the past week or so.  Tried freaking everything over the years...best thing I have found are the mechanical scissor traps.  Caught 2 in the past week.  Nasty little suckers....

Just now, poolz1 said:

Ha!  Ive been back on mole patrol for the past week or so.  Tried freaking everything over the years...best thing I have found are the mechanical scissor traps.  Caught 2 in the past week.  Nasty little suckers....

I use the spring loaded spikers. No digging, just flatten the ridge, push it in, and load it. It has been so dry though that the moles stay further down, and then would come topside and scratch around and dig down all over the place. More difficult to get with the traps when they behave that way, and not good for new grass trying to establish roots.

19 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You're not going to bust a long-term drought with an inch or two.

Indeed, but this isn't a long-term drought per se.  BWI is 6" in the hole before today.  If forecasts for the next 10-15 days verify, we could be truly chipping into that deficit rather than just having a normal October.

• Like 2

• H2O unpinned this topic