Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs 2019

George BM

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Big temp gradient in the region. Temps rose overnight here.

54 and cloudy now. I was outside digging holes for some plants and was sweating lol.

Maybe this is a sign my desert oasis is getting some rain tonight. :o

A frigid 57 here this morning. Brown yard could really use some rain here

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Tied lowest temp of this fall last night with 37. Thurs looks to really look like fall if the Euro is right with the bombing ne  low . Has gusts in the 30s with 50s highs for most . I do like the trend this early season for strong lows . Already 2 historical storms in the northern plains/Rockies . This weeks bombing coastal.  Anyone see yesterday's 18z Gfs day 11 . Pretty wicked storm giving ne Pa on north there first snow . Hopefully the beginning of an active season of storms 

From simply a sensible weather point of view this October, and even this past September to a degree,  not the same as last year weather-wise around these parts. Also, I couldn't agree more, love seeing the coastal action.  A good sign for early winter, I hope they keep up. 

• Like 1

Did I just hear thunder or something? Sounded weird and drawn out. Must have been an airplane but I doubt it, with the way it sounded (Sudden loudness for a second, then quieter and drawn out for like 30 seconds).

Edit: Nevermind. Forgot I had the TV on downstairs + surround sound

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

Did I just hear thunder or something?

Ah, well,  you might hear some real thunder on this Wednesday.

Mount Holly's  AFD mentioned the possibility, but believe they were not totally sold on it . Good rains seem likely though on Wednesday.     

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

Not sure how much I got but it was a soaker. Some heavy showers trained right over central AA country. Great fall day. I left the house at 5am and headed out crabbing. It was nice picking crabs while the rained poured down outside. 

0.41"

Was training almost right over us, maybe a little north, per radar.

Would've reported earlier but forgot how to work the rain gauge.  (30 days of dust and pollen included)

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Not quite as cool as yesterday morning.  It was 39 when I left.  

Man...what a strong coastal per Euro Wed/ Thursday.  Has a 967 bomb sitting over SE New Hampshire Thursday morning with hurricane force gusts . Even some snow in places . Looks like gusts in the 40s easily here if correct Thursday. 

Cold enough, man. Ran out of propane overnight and woke up to 30's in the trailer. Brrrrrrr......

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Not quite as cool as yesterday morning.  It was 39 when I left.  

Man...what a strong coastal per Euro Wed/ Thursday.  Has a 967 bomb sitting over SE New Hampshire Thursday morning with hurricane force gusts . Even some snow in places . Looks like gusts in the 40s easily here if correct Thursday. 

Yeah the Euro has an area of heavy snow in the Catskills on the backside of that bombing low. Not out of the question if it plays out like that. Looks like our region has the potential of an inch or so of rain, but as the low deepens, places from NJ up to central NE could see some 2-4" rains.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

40 at the house with crazy dense fog in the very low valleys.  Quite a sight with the full moon illuminating the fog....No warewolf sightings but plenty of deer.  It will be a miracle if I go the next thirty days with the same bumper on the truck.

Dense fog the whole way into work this morning here after the rain overnight. Have not seen fog like that in a long time. 

36 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah the Euro has an area of heavy snow in the Catskills on the backside of that bombing low. Not out of the question if it plays out like that. Looks like our region has the potential of an inch or so of rain, but as the low deepens, places from NJ up to central NE could see some 2-4" rains.

Euro looks nice. 1” of rain would be wonderful. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Euro looks nice. 1” of rain would be wonderful. 

After the surprising 0.4" that fell here yesterday, an inch would be great to really get some moisture back in the soil. Depending on the exact track of the southern low and timing of the phase, we could see higher amounts.

Hopefully the area can maximize qpf with this event, because looking at the means, looks like we go back to a big EC ridge with warm/dry for the weekend and much of next week.

• H2O unpinned this topic