Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs 2019

George BM

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I’m on travel so haven’t been able to go outside to check. Maybe @cigrgd or someone else living along 95 can comment?

I feel like there have been a ton of phantom echoes on LWX radar recently. There didn't used to be persistent light echos showing up across the area. Going to be annoying come winter.

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

I’m on travel so haven’t been able to go outside to check. Maybe @cigrgd or someone else living along 95 can comment?

I don't think that is it, the ceilings were way too high for what would almost certainly have been a drizzle patch. 

I went back to look at the 200 loop CoD radar image and I'm stumped.  There are two areas, one starting in western Baltimore and another in Tacoma Park.  They drift SSE which does align with the wind direction.  If you look at the polarimetric parameters it clearly isn't precipitation, but you'd expect a different Zdr if it was birds (migration was my first guess). 

It also isn't vehicles.  Those show up much sharper on radar right along the roadway when there is a good inversion.  This became more diffuse.    

My guess is still biological, but what I'm not sure.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

That line this morning was headed your way . How much you get . Don't say .001" either :D

LOL

It pretty much died. Ok I will go with .02" then :P 

Do you have WB Premium? I just reactivated and I actually think I hate it lol. Where are the individual ens members?

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Drought begets Drought " or something like that lol. Yea I got WB .  No Md or DC for close ins just Mid Atlantic on individuals . Hopefully they add them before December 

Yeah they better do something. Only WB could "improve" the interface and make it worse than the clunky mess it was before. At least I could find everything and all the functionality was there before. This is just shiit. I will give it a month. If it doesn't improve, I will cancel and I guess I will give Stormvista a go.

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

At first I hated it but now I've gotten used to it some and its tolerable but I miss the by state and city individuals 

Maybe it was a bad time to do this after drinking a DFH 90 min IPA, a couple glasses of wine, and a bourbon on the rocks, but where in the hell are the individual members? All I see under "MAPS" > "Global Ensembles" are the means.

9 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Look above ^ 

Go to "Ecmwf mean "

Change region to United states or east coast or mid Atlantic then the parameters will have individuals in them .

I have an Android device so maybe its different on a  PC desktop 

Yeah that's what I have done. Under parameter selection, only thing available is the mean. Nothing there that allows me to see individual members. Weird. This better be a work in progress. Not been impressed with WB, although I have stuck with it. This "new look" is unacceptable to me. I will give it one month max, lol.

22 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah that's what I have done. Under parameter selection, only thing available is the mean. Nothing there that allows me to see individual members. Weird. This better be a work in progress. Not been impressed with WB, although I have stuck with it. This "new look" is unacceptable to me. I will give it one month max, lol.

It’s not just you.  I can’t see the individual members either.  Better get it figured out before winter!

24 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

If you are under " North America " under regions for example then the individuals won't show up . Only United states or closer in . 

Thanks.  I am under “US Regions - Mid Atlantic” and don’t see it.  

EDIT: Ok, I see the members for EPS but not for GEFS.  

9 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

If you are under " North America " under regions for example then the individuals won't show up . Only United states or closer in . 

Yeah I found it thanks. I had to click through all the parameters to find the ones (relatively few) that provide the individual member output. Fewer states available in the regions, and ens members are only available for a few of the parameters, less than the old Premium package provided. Not a fan overall.

40th anniversary of the most anomalous weather event of my lifetime.  This time 40 years ago I was playing in over a foot of snow and helping to clear the many trees that came crashing down blocking our driveway and access to electricity and running water.  Wandering a very confused landscape of green-leafed trees exploding under the weight of all that wet snow.  I can still hear the sounds in my memory, like it was yesterday.

How can I be this old??

• Like 4

4 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

40th anniversary of the most anomalous weather event of my lifetime.  This time 40 years ago I was playing in over a foot of snow and helping to clear the many trees that came crashing down blocking our driveway and access to electricity and running water.  Wandering a very confused landscape of green-leafed trees exploding under the weight of all that wet snow.  I can still hear the sounds in my memory, like it was yesterday.

How can I be this old??

This event is what got me to keeping a diary/record of the weather, so my records are 40 years old today!  That was an awesome night/day!

• Like 4

• H2O unpinned this topic