Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discobs 2019

George BM

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It's the moles. Growing new grass.. constantly watering (because it won't rain) so they come towards the only wet ground for miles and miles to hunt for worms. What a quandary.

Yep, know the feeling. I replanted the 'dead' areas from this springs planting and had been watering since Friday when it cooled off. Hoping to see some green today/tomorrow. I've climbed Quandary, BTW, in CO. lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Not back out this way. :(

The lack of rain has made it similar to snow.  It only matters for my backyard.

31 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Eh, I don’t think so, but it’s bouncing around so much with the low placement as it chases convection I’m not sure whether to pay it any mind.

Now, or ever?

8 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

What I need is a good cat, but I don't want one lol.

My dog tore up a family of moles the first fall we had him - sniffed them out from above the ground and dug them out from 6-8 inches down. I felt kind of bad, but we haven't seen a mole since.

I love that dog.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, mattie g said:

My dog tore up a family of moles the first fall we had him - sniffed them out from above the ground and dug them out from 6-8 inches down. I felt kind of bad, but we haven't seen a mole since.

I love that dog.

I follow their movement underground then smash them with a shovel. That does the trick

LOL the HRRR.

Yes ofc I believe my yard is going to see three quarters of an inch by noon tomorrow. :lol:

The Euro is trying to "gracefully" back out of its heavy rain (fail) forecast for this area. There likely won't be any significant rain in NE MD either. That will be gone by 0z.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two days in a row now I've seen SWward moving radar echoes right along the I-95 and 295 corridor around the rush hour time of morning.  That's counter to the direction that the rain has been moving each day.  I'm using the COD radar page. Could this be rush hour traffic seen by the radar?  Don't recall seeing this before. 

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=LWX-N0Q-1-24

More likely it's birds/bugs, but the location seemed coincidental. 

56 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Two days in a row now I've seen SWward moving radar echoes right along the I-95 and 295 corridor around the rush hour time of morning.  That's counter to the direction that the rain has been moving each day.  I'm using the COD radar page. Could this be rush hour traffic seen by the radar?  Don't recall seeing this before. 

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=LWX-N0Q-1-24

More likely it's birds/bugs, but the location seemed coincidental. 

Don't think it would be traffic since you get a lot of SW-moving returns south of DC. Traffic would be moving north. Very slowly.

It's chemtrails. And HAARP. 

• H2O unpinned this topic