Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Discobs 2019

George BM

33 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Plenty of support from the Eps . Many members including the OP really slow the frontal progression which allows that west Atlantic energy to back in here or a wave to ride up the coast ....and even some with an inv trough look as u mentioned.  Eps qpf made a decent bump up too. 

Latest 6z Gfs kind of leaning in this direction now as well 

Yeah 6z GFS gets a little precip over eastern areas verbatim. The most likely scenario is that next front  will simply shunt the low out, but definitely some uncertainty and some other possibilities looking at the means. It will mostly come down to timing.

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

^ CMC and Gfs bumped qpf up . Both over 1 inch in spots near i95

Yeah with a very strong shortwave around midweek, which is new. When I made that post the run was only out to hour 78, and there is virtually nothing with the actual front east of I-95, which is quite a change from a couple runs ago..

Now I can monitor the "next threat' and watch it dwindle away to nothing :P 

10 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

.30" today.  I still can't believe I missed half the Ravens game to work today cause I really thought it would be mostly dry out ...all my tools ,clothes got pretty wet . Boy was I wrong . ..lol. Should of stayed home . I bet tomorrow is partly cloudy and dry .

Tomorrow will probably be the usual fail for much of the region. Your area may do ok, but places further east will be relying on that shortwave and coastal low track for some decent rain, and that is a precarious setup with high bust potential. Plus drought begets drought, and all that crap lol.

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Threat #2 with the ull still looks up in the air as far as impacts in our region but Latest Euro verbatim throws back heavy qpf from Baltimore on northeast midweek .

Does it ever. That’s a big change, Euro didn’t want much to do with that. Of course GFS has backed off that idea. 

Id just like to get some decent rain tonight. Looks really dicey for the I95 corridor.

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Threat #2 with the ull still looks up in the air as far as impacts in our region but Latest Euro verbatim throws back heavy qpf from Baltimore on northeast midweek .

The forcing with the front continues to look weaker as it moves east. Precip  breaks up and becomes scattered on the guidance. I have very little confidence in that shortwave/coastal low congealing just right to produce significant rain outside of the immediate coast, and probably mostly NE of our area. 

The next few days wont even put a ding dent in the drought here, and I would be surprised if my yard gets more than a tenth. Probably some drizzle lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Threat 2 ull closer to the coast and stronger at 12z on Euro . Definitely interesting to see how it pans out for us. Many areas esp 95 and east do decent from the ull this run ...qpf  distribution a little further west this run includes DC area this time .

@C.A.P.E.s yard does real well 

Euro is only model to show this it seems, but it's really bullish.  Would be a big bust for the Euro to miss this bad inside of 48 hours.  I hope it's right.  

• Like 2

• H2O unpinned this topic