Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2019

George BM

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Not that I can recall. Had plenty of beers from Bells, but not that one. Thus my jealousy lol.

It was only released last year - pretty sure it replaced Black Note for the season. I’m not sure if it was a one-time thing or not, but if you can find it I highly recommend it.

Supposedly, variants of Black Note Will be released this fall. Not sure when, but if you find them - and you haven’t had black Note before - I suggest you grab them!

• Like 2

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

lol I was thinking about that today. Renovations and planning are underway.

255679.jpeg

9c53e815a945a390fe2b3a8d89bee75a.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0ukc88rpAXLtscI9_1-g

I think it may need to open early. Some triggered, antsy folks in the LR and preseason threads over basic model discussion/ winter pattern speculation. I fear early panic may ensue.:yikes:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

lol I was thinking about that today. Renovations and planning are underway.

255679.jpeg

9c53e815a945a390fe2b3a8d89bee75a.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0ukc88rpAXLtscI9_1-g

Hey, I like the work they do.  Think they will work for bare minimum?  I might have a couple bones I can throw their way.  If its just a skeleton crew of those 3 I can afford it.  

• Haha 5

I'm sure this has been hashed out numerous times, but was considering a change in the model page I subscribe too.  I had weather models last year and had many likes and dislikes with it.  Was thinking about storm vista this year but haven't been able to explore that site so I was curious if others used it and liked it.  

7 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Impressive Nats win! I have a chance of going to game 3 with a few friends on Friday. I'm not too big of a fan of baseball, but seeing a D.C sports team actually do something good in person should help to fill the Dan Snyder sized hole in my heart....

Hey, as soon as the Nats broke their glass ceiling known as the divisional round...I've been pickin' them to win the whole thing! That and the fact that the last four years...teams--across all sports--that have either never won championships, or haven't won in decades...have been winning them! (I mean for crying out loud...the Caps finally did it, lol) So I would bet the table if I were a gambler!

Hey all I have a random question.  I have been on Android for a decade and just switched to the new iPhone 11.  When on Android, I used an app called NWS NOW to very easily read the area forecast discussions from the NWS in lieu of a website bookmark (which made the discussion very easy to read in nice formatted text within the app without needing to zoom, etc).   Does anyone know of an app for iPhone that would make it easy to read these discussions or must I revert back to a web page bookmark?  And while I am asking, what app are you guys using for fast and immediate NWS weather alerts for iPhone?  I am using Weather Line for regular weather status (I like the interface) and Storm Shield for alerts.  But maybe there is a better app for nerds like us.  Thanks.  

On 10/22/2019 at 8:00 AM, H2O said:

Hey, I like the work they do.  Think they will work for bare minimum?  I might have a couple bones I can throw their way.  If its just a skeleton crew of those 3 I can afford it.  

im not sure there are enough puns in this post. what else you got? #dadjokes

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mappy said:

im not sure there are enough puns in this post. what else you got? #dadjokes

Its just what I came up with in my skull spur of the moment.  It should have been a dead giveaway that I would use puns to tickle everyone's funny bone. I also know my audience.

#madeyoulaugh

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, H2O said:

Its just what I came up with in my skull spur of the moment.  It should have been a dead giveaway that I would use puns to tickle everyone's funny bone. I also know my audience.

#madeyoulaugh

Okay, that's enough. :lol:

On 10/23/2019 at 2:40 AM, Cobalt said:

Impressive Nats win! I have a chance of going to game 3 with a few friends on Friday. I'm not too big of a fan of baseball, but seeing a D.C sports team actually do something good in person should help to fill the Dan Snyder sized hole in my heart....

Even more impressive win last night!

I got tickets to Game 3....SO EXCITED!!

• Like 4

What is going to take place this low sun season in the Mid Atlantic, will be an unusually warm period at first. You'll see a lot of front hitting the Gulf Coast but not doing a whole heck of a ,lot on the Eastern Seaboard. But later on this low sun season there is going to be a massive shift! Texas will become very dry and very hot this winter, which is what we Texans expected. But the cold air will smash the East again and again. Then, the storms will start roaring up the East Coast. Moisture plus very cold air equals lots and lots of snow in the DC Metropolitan Region. You'll get hit again and again and again!

Dont let the present pattern fool you. Sure the Bermuda High will resurge, but what is actually happening, is that the East is getting all of the warm weather out of the way. Then comes the REAL cold and tons of snow!

DC is assuredly on track for one of the frigidest and snowiest winters in recent history!

• H2O unpinned this topic