Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2019

George BM

17 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

My wife always makes themed cakes for everyone's birthdays (the kids, me, my family, etc.).  I thought I'd share this one with you all since it's tornado themed- our middle son loves tornadoes so she made this one for his birthday tomorrow (he turns 3). By the way, in January she's making a hurricane themed one for my mother, who is literally the biggest tropical weenie I've ever known (this disorder seems to run in the family, if you've noticed).

IMG-3328.JPG

Very cool!

Looks like an EF5

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

My wife always makes themed cakes for everyone's birthdays (the kids, me, my family, etc.).  I thought I'd share this one with you all since it's tornado themed- our middle son loves tornadoes so she made this one for his birthday tomorrow (he turns 3). By the way, in January she's making a hurricane themed one for my mother, who is literally the biggest tropical weenie I've ever known (this disorder seems to run in the family, if you've noticed).

IMG-3328.JPG

Nice!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

IMG-3328.JPG

This is so cool! I'm very happy for your family! Hopefully this region aka Teaseville Central doesn't ruin his innocence too soon. :lol::weep:

Perhaps some storm-chasing trips are inbound soon?...... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Very cool!  As a lover of baking desserts, I love to see other creations...she is quite talented!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

IMG-3328.JPG

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

@C.A.P.E. looks like your parched yard and tumble weeds are getting more rain atm. By Wednesday ...our drought ....( I mean your drought:whistle:) will be over 

Yes the parched soil has been dampened! 0.12" lol. At least I know it's actually possible for rain to fall again.

We shall see about Wednesday. Looks good based on the 12z guidance, but the 0z runs looked pretty meh. Have to watch the "trends".

On 10/12/2019 at 11:03 AM, PrinceFrederickWx said:

IMG-3328.JPG

sweet cake!! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m heading out of town as a low is forecast to explode and track over my backyard. I gotta stop working. :axe:

For the rest of my life, I'll remember how frantic I was in trying to get home from a work trip in California so I could be there for the January 2016 snowstorm. I got out there on the Sunday prior (conference was scheduled to run through the following Wednesday), with the knowledge that we were almost certainly due a crushing back home. First thing Monday morning I started working on people to see if I could head out early, but it wasn't until Wednesday afternoon that they approved travel changes for those of us attending from the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. I ended up catching a redeye on Thursday night, which got me home to cold, overcast skies just before sunrise...and the rest is history.

Maybe I should go back and read my posts on here about my efforts. Might be pretty cool!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

@nw baltimore wx

I use the BB Original, and it does well in sun and shade, as long as the shaded areas get at least a few hours of filtered sun. If it is a legit shady area, then the dense shade variety is the one to use.

Yeah, I'll be trying the original black beauty too.  I only want tall fescue varieties and don't want any kentucky blue in my yard.  Thanks for the info!  I'll be aerating and seeding on Friday.

• Like 1

• H2O unpinned this topic