Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2019

George BM

26 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Snyder. What a tool. So why not fire him last week? Must have been losing to the best team in football that triggered him. What, was the spread in that game? 20?

The Bidwells of ARI used to be and, some might say, still are the worst owners in the NFL but Snyder has done all he can to screw this team up so badly.  Allen is a disaster of a GM

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

81 in Denver currently. Low of 26 tonight with snow. Up to 3" of snow tomorrow with a high of 32. Mid to upper 60s over the weekend. Typical fall weather there.

I now live SE of Denver.  Temps have dropped 24 degrees in 45 minutes.  The front passed through with 30+ mph sustained, gusts in the 40s.  Fun stuff.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

So I re-activated my weatherbell premium account.

Gotta say, I kinda hate the new look lol. Am I missing something?  Where are the individual ens members for the EPS /GEFS? All I see is the mean.

You need to pull up the US map or US regions/States and they pop up. They don't cover all the different parameters but they do have most if not all the ones we saw last year (mslp, snow, etc...). One thing I am disappointed in is that they only provide 4 states to look at and MD or adjacent states are not there. So we are basically relegated to looking at the mid-Atlantic region so we aren't going to get the fine details as we did in the past. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

You need to pull up the US map or US regions/States and they pop up. They don't cover all the different parameters but they do have most if not all the ones we saw last year (mslp, snow, etc...). One thing I am disappointed in is that they only provide 4 states to look at and MD or adjacent states are not there. So we are basically relegated to looking at the mid-Atlantic region so we aren't going to get the fine details as we did in the past. 

Yeah after going through and selecting all the parameters, I finally noticed it. Strange they have so few states available. As I said in the other thread, I will stick with it through the end of the month. If it continues to annoy me/no enhancements are made, I may dump it for Stormvista. Even the old interface- which was clunky but everything was there- was problematic last winter with loading panels etc.

10 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah after going through and selecting all the parameters, I finally noticed it. Strange they have so few states available. As I said in the other thread, I ill stick with it through the end of the month. If it continues to annoy me/no enhancements are made, I may dump it for Stormvista. Even the old interface- which was clunky but everything was there- was problematic last winter with loading panels etc.

Noticed the new setup is missing panels as well though not to the degree we saw last year. One thing that is aggravating about that is that when you are clicking forward through the hours on the panels when you get to a failed downloaded panel it stops the ability to click forward anymore. You then have to go up onto the bar and advance it manually. That will get old extremely quickly for me.

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This hurts my soul, but I’m posting...to remind you that The Panic Room will be back and better than ever in just a few weeks! Preregister for our six feet deep cheap rates!

pffft, please you just using the Panic Room as an excuse to come visit us. ;) 

I will not be reaped this year. 

25 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s already a bad day but missing that beast out west just makes it that much worse.

Meh.

Upper-Midwest fall blizzard. Nothing new, nothing to worry about. I honestly didn't even know about it until you mentioned it. More often that not, it's better not to pay attention to what's going on elsewhere, especially in an area that's a completely different climate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I only tend to look outside my patch of grass if it  provides a chase opportunity. I never really had a chance to travel for wx since my life is overwhelming right now, but a midwest blizzard would have been a new experience. 2+ feet seems fairly anomalous for that area, especially this time of year.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

I can't see myself ever chasing. I simply have no time to do it - especially not now with a young family and job and all that crap that gets in the way of having fun. Frankly, I'm also not into weather enough to sacrifice time and money on chasing it. I like MBY, and if I don't get interesting weather there, then I'll "suffer" through weather i don't like and find something else to do.

To each their own, of course, and I totally get why people would chase. It's just not for me, is all.

That said, a 2' blizzard would be awesome. Let's do it here. :lol:

• Like 1

My wife always makes themed cakes for everyone's birthdays (the kids, me, my family, etc.).  I thought I'd share this one with you all since it's tornado themed- our middle son loves tornadoes so she made this one for his birthday tomorrow (he turns 3). By the way, in January she's making a hurricane themed one for my mother, who is literally the biggest tropical weenie I've ever known (this disorder seems to run in the family, if you've noticed).

IMG-3328.JPG

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• H2O unpinned this topic