Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Banter 2019

George BM

3 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

No problem. It’s still missing a couple things that make weathermodels tempting... I liked my 6z/18z EURO and UKMET precip access.

Chance I end up getting both once we start tracking real threats. Bad for my poor college student budget.

Just picked up weatherbell and have had a chance to look it over. Like the setup a lot better then the previous. Much easier navigation. One thing it is missing, at least I haven't seen it as of yet, are the individual members for the GEFS and the EPS. Really would hate to lose that so I hope I am just missing them or they will add it down the road a little.

Just picked up weatherbell and have had a chance to look it over. Like the setup a lot better then the previous. Much easier navigation. One thing it is missing, at least I haven't seen it as of yet, are the individual members for the GEFS and the EPS. Really would hate to lose that so I hope I am just missing them or they will add it down the road a little.

It took me a long time to find, but at least some of the goods are there.

GEFS Mean -> Winter -> can see snow totals all members

GEFS Mean -> Pressure -> MSLP + MSLP member low locations

Can’t find the PType for all members default_sad.png

ECWMF Mean -> Winter -> can see snow totals all members

ECWMF Mean -> Precipitation -> can see QPF

ECWMF Mean -> Pressure -> MSLP + member low locations/can also see all members 1-25, 26-50

• Thanks 1

CONGRATS on your cool weather in the Mid Atlantic!

Highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s are exactly what the doctor ordered in the Washington Metropolitan Region today! Its early October and these conditions are where you all should be! I know, I used to live there! 

Meanwhile it was cool in Austin TX today at 94 degrees with only 62 degree dewpoints! This is a bargain compared to weeks and weeks of 103/72 conditions! Fronts are gonna hit us beginning tomorrow night.

Mid Atlantic is still in play for severe frigid cold and very deep crippling snows this upcoming late fall and winter!

5 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I've had it for a while and agree ...much better setup  overall.  It took me a while to learn..and still figuring it out lol. I do miss the Maryland or Pa snow totals on individual members but hopefully they add them soon :yikes:

Didn't notice that. Hope they add them as well. Would be a bummer to lose the close up view. Right now the mid-Atlantic view is far to broad to get any of the finer details for our area when it comes to snowfall.

17 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Don't say that. I have them as my fantasy defense.

:axe: 

Not the Raven D we have become accustomed to. Inconsistent pass rush and the secondary is porous.

eta- they don't tackle very well either, which has been a staple of the defense forever.

All that being said, they "should" be able to handle the Steelers.

15 hours ago, Jebman said:

CONGRATS on your cool weather in the Mid Atlantic!

Highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s are exactly what the doctor ordered in the Washington Metropolitan Region today! Its early October and these conditions are where you all should be! I know, I used to live there! 

Meanwhile it was cool in Austin TX today at 94 degrees with only 62 degree dewpoints! This is a bargain compared to weeks and weeks of 103/72 conditions! Fronts are gonna hit us beginning tomorrow night.

Mid Atlantic is still in play for severe frigid cold and very deep crippling snows this upcoming late fall and winter!

It lasted a day. :lol:

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Sure is.

Holy sh%t did anyone see the look on the face of Rudolph what Earl Thomas knocked him out?  Aikman would have went back in to the game.. things just arent the same anymore.. 

Just now, Always in Zugzwang said:

What a gorgeous fall day yesterday!  Went to the MD Renaissance Festival (have gone the last several years around this time).  Here's a couple of photos I took...

At the jousting arena:

And here's what apparently is an early version of the NAM (but perhaps more accurate outside 48 hours)! :D

haha.. drunks throwing axes.. always ,looking to this event in anticipation of someone getting an axe in the forehead!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PDIII said:

Holy sh%t did anyone see the look on the face of Rudolph what Earl Thomas knocked him out?  Aikman would have went back in to the game.. things just arent the same anymore.. 

Poor guy had no idea what century it was. And the medical cart was busted so he had to stammer to the locker room

Just now, PDIII said:

haha.. drunks throwing axes.. always ,looking to this event in anticipation of someone getting an axe in the forehead!

Ha!  I stay far enough away from where the axe throwing area is but it's amusing to see people try it out!  I wasn't drunk myself, but I did don my Robin Hood cap to appear like I was at least sort of in costume!

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

The roughing the passer penalties are pretty stupid

The whole "Sneeze on a quarterback and here comes the flag" is stupid.

That being said, I watched my brothers play football and I have watched football from peewee to pro.  Head injuries are real.

(For the record, I'm a gal.  Oh, and can TBS fix their horrific graphics?  Years showing baseball on occasion and they still look like crap.)

33 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

The whole "Sneeze on a quarterback and here comes the flag" is stupid.

That being said, I watched my brothers play football and I have watched football from peewee to pro.  Head injuries are real.

(For the record, I'm a gal.  Oh, and can TBS fix their horrific graphics?  Years showing baseball on occasion and they still look like crap.)

No doubt the head injuries are real and it’s a huge problem for the game, but I’m with you regarding the roughing penalties. There was just another one in the Dallas Green Bay game for an inadvertent hit to the head while Prescott was scrambling 

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

...regarding the roughing penalties. There was just another one in the Dallas Green Bay game for an inadvertent hit to the head while Prescott was scrambling 

Yeah, I thought you actually have to throw a pass to get "roughed". Dak didn't even pretend to pass. 

• H2O unpinned this topic