Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall 2019 New England Banter and Disco

NorEastermass128

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Yea me too surrounded by woods and lots and lots of deer, coyote and other varmits

Mice are a big carrier of tics and we had a bumper crop last year, Not as bad this season though but with the daycare, The kids would have them on them all the time until i started spraying.

5 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Where do you live?  In a field/woods?

I don't live in an urban, barren landscape either and can avoid 99% of ticks.

I'm surrounded by 200 acres of woods, I usually treat my yard but still get a tick or two every year. I've gotten one on every part of my body, got one on my ass last year.

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

I'm surrounded by 200 acres of woods, I usually treat my yard but still get a tick or two every year. I've gotten one on every part of my body, got one on my ass last year.

I got one a few weeks ago on somewhere I won’t mention.... yeah there. I had to go to the doctor to have it removed. Incredibly painful and embarrassing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I got one a few weeks ago on somewhere I won’t mention.... yeah there. I had to go to the doctor to have it removed. Incredibly painful and embarrassing.

A buddy of mine had a couple in the lets just say the groin area before..............lol

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

COC?

Really could have been just about anywhere on him, since he’s one big :weenie: :lol:

19 hours ago, dryslot said:

Mice are a big carrier of tics and we had a bumper crop last year, Not as bad this season though but with the daycare, The kids would have them on them all the time until i started spraying.

Last year I read about a way to control ticks in a yard without spray.  It involves adding permethrin to cotton (or dryer lint -cheaper and just as effective) and cramming the stuff into cardboard rolls - TP centers work fine, paper towel cores should be cut in 2-3 pieces.  The devices are then placed at about 10-foot intervals around the lawn/yard, preferably sheltered by a piece of bark/wood, etc. so the rain doesn't ruin them.  Mice and voles love that stuff and carry it back to build their nests, where the permethrin cleans the little rodents of all ticks.  (Of course, if your yard covers an acre, you'd need about 100 of the things.)

34 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Last year I read about a way to control ticks in a yard without spray.  It involves adding permethrin to cotton (or dryer lint -cheaper and just as effective) and cramming the stuff into cardboard rolls - TP centers work fine, paper towel cores should be cut in 2-3 pieces.  The devices are then placed at about 10-foot intervals around the lawn/yard, preferably sheltered by a piece of bark/wood, etc. so the rain doesn't ruin them.  Mice and voles love that stuff and carry it back to build their nests, where the permethrin cleans the little rodents of all ticks.  (Of course, if your yard covers an acre, you'd need about 100 of the things.)

Only problem is if you have cats that stuff is deadly to them.