• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall 2019 New England Banter and Disco

NorEastermass128

So I had my well water tested again.... tested positive for total coliform bacteria. Water guy guesses that’s either causing/contributing to the smell I’ve had.

Options are shock the well or just go straight to a UV light. Any suggestions? Anyone have experuence with a UV light?

Id hate to shock the well only for it to return in short order... even though I may be jumping the fun on a UV light 

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So I had my well water tested again.... tested positive for total coliform bacteria. Water guy guesses that’s either causing/contributing to the smell I’ve had.

Options are shock the well or just go straight to a UV light. Any suggestions? Anyone have experuence with a UV light?

Id hate to shock the well only for it to return in short order... even though I may be jumping the fun on a UV light 

No experience with a UV light for a well, but my humidifier uses a UVC bulb and it has never had a trace of mold or algae growing in it even after 3 years of use.

12 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Do you use the Honeywell model? I stopped using humidifiers due to the fungal concerns. The UV light sounds like a great solution. 

It’s a Brookstone germ free one, but I think they’re related. The calcium absorption pads I use are for Honeywell as well iirc.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 3:30 PM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

We have a UV light as part of the filtration system for our shallow well, and it does the job.

47 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Would sanitizing the well first be worth it? Maybe to avoid the light? I just feel whatever is causing the issue will come back 

We've done the chlorine-bleach shock a couple times, but for us the light is essential as the hay field uphill from the well gets animal dressing every year.

Just now, radarman said:

Is there anything worse than running out of candy on Halloween?  Group of 15 kids comes marching down the driveway and I have like 12 chocolate bars left and quickly scrambling around for protein bars and bags of sunflower seeds.  

Who's an a-hole?  This guyyyy

Can you hear the eggs hitting the house?

15 hours ago, dendrite said:

We did ToT the first year here and we had 2 kids. It's been ToT cancel since then. Everyone goes down into town where the homes are closer together.

When we lived on Perley Brook in Fort Kent, we'd get upwards of 200 ToT'ers, with carloads rolling in from Frenchville and Madawaska.  Moved to back settlement, might see 2-3 neighbor kids.  In Gardiner we'd get the 6-7 kids on our 6-home cul-de-sac road, and we've gone 22 Halloweens at our present location without a single visit.