Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall 2019 New England Banter and Disco

NorEastermass128

8 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think I have EEE

my symptoms have persisted since Tuesday night. ...and of course, looking up symptoms is like matching yourself to horoscope descriptions. Fever, headache, stiff neck, tired... yup -

If I let the Advil wear off... I get chills and goose bumps to the spine, and my head hurts.   F'n headaches are the worse man.  Good christ.  What is the evolutionary wisdom in putting nature's greatest achievement in sensory reception, and f'ing pain ... in the SAME GODDAMN CONTAINER.

I hadn't contracted so much as a sniffle in the past four years .. a time span in which I've lived like a dietary quire boy.  Organic everything. Lots of water.  work outs... I figure I was safe.. yeah right.  It's probably why my body is acting like it hasn't got a f clue how to get rid of this damn thing.  Just waiting for first signs of neurological disorders to kick in as the EEE that's only occurred 30 times all summer found a way to absolutely happen all the time in f me gets to do God's bidding

Same exact symptoms  I had back in June.. missed a week of work

I think I have EEE

my symptoms have persisted since Tuesday night. ...and of course, looking up symptoms is like matching yourself to horoscope descriptions. Fever, headache, stiff neck, tired... yup -

If I let the Advil wear off... I get chills and goose bumps to the spine, and my head hurts.   F'n headaches are the worse man.  Good christ.  What is the evolutionary wisdom in putting nature's greatest achievement in sensory reception, and f'ing pain ... in the SAME GODDAMN CONTAINER.

I hadn't contracted so much as a sniffle in the past four years .. a time span in which I've lived like a dietary quire boy.  Organic everything. Lots of water.  work outs... I figure I was safe.. yeah right.  It's probably why my body is acting like it hasn't got a f clue how to get rid of this damn thing.  Just waiting for first signs of neurological disorders to kick in as the EEE that's only occurred 30 times all summer found a way to absolutely happen all the time in f me gets to do God's bidding

this place sucks sometimes for weather advice, and you are looking for health advice here?

• Haha 1

I think I have EEE

Have you considered getting medical attention?

9 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think I have EEE

Hope not dude. My uncle's mother got it and spent her final years as a vegetable. Not a nice way to go.

10 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think I have EEE

Or you could have meningitis, or meningococcal disease, shingles also starts with a fever and headache...

I reccomend visiting your doctor

^^^.   Heh, there are a lot of symptoms of a lot of things that are similar.  Headache, bodyache and or combined with fever is when you definitely  go to the doctor,  and press hard for tests or see a new doctor, if you don't like the current doctor's answers.

I've done this drill, when you think you may have been stung and or bit by an insect and don't feel well it's time to act. 

11 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think I have EEE

Please Tip, be sure, get checked, I personally stay as far away from the medical profession as I can. In this case I’d be running towards them.for confirmation. Please take care and let us know. “For want of a nail”, damn mosquitoes. As always....

I made the mistake of fighting off a bacterial infection on my own. Four days in bed, until I couldn't take it anymore and wasn't getting better. Bacterial infections have those symptoms. Tiredness, headache, sore throat, night sweats, fever, body stiffness and aches. No throwing up though, which tipped me off. No pun..

If there was something to learn: Probably just need antibiotics and it'll be gone in 72 hours. I won't try sleeping it off again, wasted four days in misery thinking it was a virus.

9 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Two things. 

1) I’ve seen these black beetles on oaks. Anybody have any idea on those?

2) my massive underground bees nest looked to be dug up by something. This was down in an area of ledge, but it still got it. Wonder what it could be?

Sounds like maybe Tip got into it, and got sick from it 

49 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL, both are puzzling to me. Maybe Tammy can help with the black beetle question.

Fraid not - there's lots of dark-colored beetles around.  Even seeing a pic might not help, though that might identify insect family and potential effects of the critter.  As for the dug-out nest, bee/wasp larvae are a high protein snack attractive to all sorts of animals - skunks, coons, bears, even foxes or coyotes though I'd go with one of the first three ahead of the canids.

40 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Fraid not - there's lots of dark-colored beetles around.  Even seeing a pic might not help, though that might identify insect family and potential effects of the critter.  As for the dug-out nest, bee/wasp larvae are a high protein snack attractive to all sorts of animals - skunks, coons, bears, even foxes or coyotes though I'd go with one of the first three ahead of the canids.

It's some sort of black beetle. Just hope it doesn't get invaded with borers. As far as the nest goes,  fox and coyote are prevalent here too. Something had to dig pretty far down through the ledge. Nice to see nature take care of my problem. :) 

Just read the SFO weather discussion.  Not a storm but historic offshore wind event coming.   Don't see this type of wording in AFD's very often.  Big fire is now ongoing north of SFO but the whole area is primed for fire..

A potentially historic, long duration, extremely critical  
  offshore wind event is forecast to occur beginning around 8pm  
  tonight and persist through early Monday. The storm prediction  
  center has placed the North Bay and portions of the Sacramento 
  Valley under the highest fire weather risk, extreme, while most  
  remaining portions of the San Francisco Bay area are under  
  critical fire level risk. Internal statistical analysis tools 
  suggests the offshore component of these winds are over 6  
  standard deviations above the norm with this event (3.5+ is  
  usually near record, so that is extreme). Aside from the long  
  duration... extremely strong offshore winds, critically low  
  humidity, dry fuels that are primed to burn, and wildfire already