Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall 2019 New England Banter and Disco

NorEastermass128

16 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Just saw this on the news.  B-17 crash at Bradley. Thoughts and prayers with those lost.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/world-war-ii-plane-crash-connecticut/index.html

There is a rumor on a bunch of aviation forums that the plane was filled with jet fuel instead of aviation gas.  On the ATC recordings they report problems with engine 4 and its thought they lost engine 3 on the same wing coming back in. With  2 engines on the other wing running the plane pulled hard right and crashed.

20 minutes ago, BrianW said:

There is a rumor on a bunch of aviation forums that the plane was filled with jet fuel instead of aviation gas.  On the ATC recordings they report problems with engine 4 and its thought they lost engine 3 on the same wing coming back in. With  2 engines on the other wing running the plane pulled hard right and crashed.

Hard to believe that the airplane could even get airborne on pure jet fuel - maybe with a mix?  It's a lot different than high octane avgas.

What a week. Lost one of our favorite chickens, hurt my back, and shockingly lost our 7 y/o cat last night. That cat was seriously part human and we shared a really close bond. I’m completely numb right now. I’m surprised I even got 3hrs of sleep last night. RIP Henry. I feel like I lost a kid. 

• Sad 3

20 minutes ago, dendrite said:

What a week. Lost one of our favorite chickens, hurt my back, and shockingly lost our 7 y/o cat last night. That cat was seriously part human and we shared a really close bond. I’m completely numb right now. I’m surprised I even got 3hrs of sleep last night. RIP Henry. I feel like I lost a kid. 

So sorry for the loss of Henry. Sending my condolences to you and your family.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Sorry for your losses.  Hope things start looking up for you.

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

Oh, Sorry to hear, We had lost a 5yr old cat back 10 yrs ago, I have had to put down 3 others over the years, Always hard to lose an animal and never an enjoyable experience as i'm the one that had to have them put down as the other family members could not deal with it.

7 hours ago, dendrite said:

Sorry to hear about the cat. We've got three and they are like family.

Speaking of animals, we had a husky show up last week at our door at 9pm. The dog was walking in circles, bumping into things and just not acting normal. We gave it food and water (my wife is a big dog lover) then called animal control. The woman said unless it's an emergency, they don't pick up animals until the next morning. She asked that we bring it into the house. I said I thought it may be showing early signs of rabies and that I didn't feel comfortable doing that. Plus, I've been bit in the face when I was a kid and the dog was making me nervous. Right there, I figured that she'd stop trying to convince us to take the dog in. I told her we also had three cats and she was like "oh, he'll be fine with them". Sure honey. Conversation went on for 10min. I finally told her we were leaving the dog outside. Well, we felt bad, so brought it into the garage, but it was walking into things, scratching at the door. I texted the woman and said the dog was in garage but she needed to come get it by 8am. She said sure.

My wife had to get up and leave for work at 2am. The dog ran out of garage and she couldn't get it back. We had left the door open in case in came back. Next morning I check FB lost dog recovery site and see the husky pics posted by the owner. I called her and told her we had her dog last night, but it got away. She was still looking for it. It was found dead on the side of the road about 3 miles away. Hit by a car. Turns out the dog had been having seizures and he had one that night as the owners were getting ready to give him a bath with the hose. They took his collar off and that's when he ran off and ended up at our house.

I texted animal control telling her the dog was dead and that the policy is ridiculous. She should have come and taken the animal as he would still be alive. She replied and said that she assumed he was safe in our garage . "Evidently I was wrong" is what she said. My wife and I were pissed as if she was blaming us. We of course felt terrible and my wife went to the owners house just up the road to pass on our condolences. Who knows, the dog may have had a tumor or epilectic, but regardless, animal control should have come.