• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

Scott Nogueira, a Boston-based meteorologist at the Weather Company, joined in the teasing of the towns rescheduling trick-or-treating.

There’s a lot of talk of postponing and cancelling Halloween tomorrow in many towns. I don’t see much of anything except some wind, especially eastern MA. Looks fairly dry after 5pm except for a few showers.

Scott Nogueira (@ScottNogueira) October 30, 2019

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2019/10/31/some-towns-poke-fun-others-rescheduling-halloween-trick-treating/Wg1fuv2OVNAj5xHEoPM7PJ/story.html
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Scott Nogueira, a Boston-based meteorologist at the Weather Company, joined in the teasing of the towns rescheduling trick-or-treating.

There’s a lot of talk of postponing and cancelling Halloween tomorrow in many towns. I don’t see much of anything except some wind, especially eastern MA. Looks fairly dry after 5pm except for a few showers.

Scott Nogueira (@ScottNogueira) October 30, 2019

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2019/10/31/some-towns-poke-fun-others-rescheduling-halloween-trick-treating/Wg1fuv2OVNAj5xHEoPM7PJ/story.html

Our hero

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Will be biggest blackout in NeW England history for October. Wild wild night unfolding 

My sister lives around 1,200ft not far from BGM airport and despite the SVR warnings, there’s been not much wind but torrential rain.  

Looks like BGM gusted to 39mph and that sounds about right...gusts in the 30s.  

The rain though is holy shit levels... 3/4sm visibility at the ASOS in +RN.  Torrential.  

Hopefully you guys further east have a better chance at mixing down higher winds.  

30-40mph gusts here wasn’t that exciting...maybe if the trees were still leafed it might have done something?  Or maybe someone gets an oak to uproot in the wet ground?

Just now, dendrite said:

We’ve been talking about a lull in the precip for days on here. They don’t listen.

After I sent that tweet out, someone said it was due to wind. If that was the case, why were most of those places in nrn MA and SNH? It started trending drier even up there. Given that usually these warm sectors are fairly clean well ahead of the front, it wouldn’t be a leap to figure that out, if you were familiar with these patterns.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

My sister lives around 1,200ft not far from BGM airport and despite the SVR warnings, there’s been not much wind but torrential rain.  

Looks like BGM gusted to 39mph and that sounds about right...gusts in the 30s.  

The rain though is holy shit levels... 3/4sm visibility at the ASOS in +RN.  Torrential.  

Hopefully you guys further east have a better chance at mixing down higher winds.  

30-40mph gusts here wasn’t that exciting...maybe if the trees were still leafed it might have done something?  Or maybe someone gets an oak to uproot in the wet ground?

Winds have been cranking 40 s here, Blue Hill gusted to 61. No ocean at BGM