Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I was actually thinking about 2006.  I remember a crazy fine line of strong winds and heavy rain in December, that’s probably the event.

Perhaps it was the year the Pats played in Buffalo.  I recall Buffalo having snow while SNE was warm and rainy. Not sure of the year.

2 minutes ago, Minenfeld! said:

For me, the biggest issue has been the low temperatures being in the 50s for what feels like weeks.

Weeks? 

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCTBROOK13/table/2019-10-31/2019-10-31/monthly

Prior to this morning it's been 8 days since I've had a low in the 50s.  Prior to that I have to go back to early October.

Are you on a hill top?

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The all-time record high for MWN for November is 52F. It's 52F there right now. So there's a chance they sneak in a monthly record high right after midnight.

That’s more impressive.  But I can’t believe 52F is the all-time high.  Guess it is 2k feet higher than my picnic tables.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Well the July record is only 72F.

True, I think MMNV1 is 84F in July set two summers ago.  Makes sense with the 2kft difference.  

60F at the 4,000ft picnic tables right now.  That’s a lot more anomalous than the 63F at MVL for obvious reasons.  

With full summer mixing that summit temp yields mid/upper 70s at MVL.