Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

47 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Holy mosquitoes tonight. With the EEE threat maybe it will end up being a smart idea to postpone since temps and dews will be even warmer tomorrow. Even the bats are out here. 

Yeah those bastards launch again when you get a mild spell even after being below freezing a few times. 

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL. For rain?

I've never heard of that before this year. We had octo-bomb in 2011 move the trick or treating but that was an extreme case with trees down in a bunch of towns. 

I remember trick or treating in rain multiple times when younger. 1991 and 1993. Hell, '91 was windy too on the tail end of the perfect storm. Rain was winding down but it was nasty out. '93 was brutal too. Like 35F and rain. 

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL. For rain?

I know.  This is a town that prefers 2 hour delays over full snow days and doesn’t even plow for less than 3 inches of snow yet Halloween is  canceled for rain. 

It may partly be because there  is a big downtown Halloween parade and the business is all give out candy so I can see why they might move the parade for weather.   I don’t really understand how a town can cancel trick or treating.  

might have to do with it being close to a weekend.  Let's say Halloween was Monday-would they push it all the way back to the next weekend?     Not many cancellations around here-one or two towns maybe.    Most models show not much rain either (eastern sections) so the ones that postpone are going to hear it when it's dry in the evening lol.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I've never heard of that before this year. We had octo-bomb in 2011 move the trick or treating but that was an extreme case with trees down in a bunch of towns. 

I remember trick or treating in rain multiple times when younger. 1991 and 1993. Hell, '91 was windy too on the tail end of the perfect storm. Rain was winding down but it was nasty out. '93 was brutal too. Like 35F and rain. 

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I know.  This is a town that prefers 2 hour delays over full snow days and doesn’t even plow for less than 3 inches of snow yet Halloween is  canceled for rain. 

It may partly be because there  is a big downtown Halloween parade and the business is all give out candy so I can see why they might move the parade for weather.   I don’t really understand how a town can cancel trick or treating.  

Yeah those years Will. Shit 91 was brutal. 
I know wind was on the minds of some who cancelled, but all those towns that cancelled aren’t really getting any wind tomorrow lol. That’s a rain threat there. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah those years Will. Shit 91 was brutal. 
I know wind was on the minds of some who cancelled, but all those towns that cancelled aren’t really getting any wind tomorrow lol. That’s a rain threat there. 

the general public doesnt look at the specifics-if they looked closely they would see the wind threat is at 1-5AM.    New NAM coming in fairly dry for the PM and evening a few scattered showers...LOL

namconus_ref_frzn_neus_23.png

10 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

I cannot ever remember seeing 65-70F with near tropical dews at Halloween. And consistent 50s/60s nearly the entire month. Even as a youngster

Just for reference.  The average high today in Boston is 57F and the average high at BDL is 58F.  

The record high temperature at BDL for the 30th is 83F, so I’m sure 65-70F has happened before.

Pretty much the entire month has average maxes in the 60s except this final week.  

Like we talked about yesterday, folks seem to think climo is winter now...when a normal Halloween is highs 55-60F.

• Like 1