• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

It's too bad December was so bad last year. Granted Jan and Feb weren't blockbuster months...but it would ave made for a prolonged winter around these parts. I thoroughly enjoyed that Novie snow. In fact, that was my biggest November snow that I've seen since probably 1989. I missed the ones in 2002 and 2004 by a few miles. 

41 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's too bad December was so bad last year. Granted Jan and Feb weren't blockbuster months...but it would ave made for a prolonged winter around these parts. I thoroughly enjoyed that Novie snow. In fact, that was my biggest November snow that I've seen since probably 1989. I missed the ones in 2002 and 2004 by a few miles. 

I think last November’s storm was my best of the season

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

A colder than normal November is usually a good sign.  I don’t think there’s any correlation for October.

Yes. I posted how crappy really warm novembers were but the opposite tends to happen with cold novembers. There's exceptions of course (1997 and last year are two off the top of my head...1989 too I guess...kind of a meh winter). The correlation isn't monstrous. 

But all else equal, we want a colder November. 

20 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

But yeah, I would love big December storm.  I believe two years ago W MA had a pretty good December. 

2017 was solid. Started with that nice warning snowfall on 12/9 and then included the Christmas Day snow. Good wintry month