Newest Member
    joxey
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

6 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Another Top 10 Day.  

Sunshine, foliage and 60F.  

What a week of COC weather.

Couldnt ask for a better week of weather for foliage viewing.  Town feels like Cape Cod traffic on July 4th. 

5FC3CF5D-8165-4E49-9A6C-D40E4B8F8BE6.thumb.jpeg.db49a8bdddc593a2395ee0404be62f86.jpeg

DAE87D5E-9647-49DE-A675-446FD0D6E833.thumb.jpeg.4dad2de2be9ed1c22150e591e013355b.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous when I left home around 2:00. Overcast but no rain down here in sea coast NH. The foliage on the way down was very nice. The elevated area between Lebanon, NH and Concord was especially nice. 

Wtf does this even mean 

Due to fiscal year contract processing restrictions, NOWData will be unavailable for a short period. In the meantime, please use the National Centers for Environmental Information's (NCEI) Climate Data Online (CDO) resource. If you are not automatically redirected there within 15 seconds or have pop-ups blocked, please go to https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

ORH has also been interesting lately. 

The sniff test doesn't seem that bad?  It's slightly colder than other SNE sites but the greater anamolies have been to the north for the past several months... but it looks like that's bled down the higher terrain in SNE a bit.

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wtf does this even mean 

Due to fiscal year contract processing restrictions, NOWData will be unavailable for a short period. In the meantime, please use the National Centers for Environmental Information's (NCEI) Climate Data Online (CDO) resource. If you are not automatically redirected there within 15 seconds or have pop-ups blocked, please go to https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web.

Our dollar at work.

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The sniff test doesn't seem that bad?  It's slightly colder than other SNE sites but the greater anamolies have been to the north for the past several months... but it looks like that's bled down the higher terrain in SNE a bit.

Sometimes it doesn’t. I can’t find a good reason l, but at times it seems cool. It’s certainly not Logan though. Overall ORH has been ok. 

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Sometimes it doesn’t. I can’t find a good reason l, but at times it seems cool. It’s certainly not Logan though. Overall ORH has been ok. 

The SNE lapse rates are incredible at times from valley bottoms to 1kft, but it's been like that for as long as I can remember, ha.

Still can't radiate for sh*t but the day time temps are definitely cooler.  The high temp up here at MVL can often be similar to ORH on sunny chamber days.. but then the lows will be 10-20F cooler.

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The SNE lapse rates are incredible at times from valley bottoms to 1kft, but it's been like that for as long as I can remember, ha.

Still can't radiate for sh*t but the day time temps are definitely cooler.  The high temp up here at MVL can often be similar to ORH on sunny chamber days.. but then the lows will be 10-20F cooler.

ORH looks totally fine on MADIS. It basically hasn't moved the past few years aside maybe a brief spell in 2017. Pretty consistent. Nothing like BOS. I'd also argue that BOS should be running departures way cooler than BDL and MHT right now given the pattern we've been in. They've had like 2 hours of sun in the past week.

IMG_3490.PNG

11 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wtf does this even mean 

My guess is CR, can’t let new contracts for new work under CRs.  Based on current political climate govt is expected to operate under CR for entire FY20.